Shadow Complex-Style Metroid?

#11OverlordAlikPosted 8/1/2011 6:35:11 PM
TheSPP posted...
OverlordAlik posted...
hmm foreground background aiming isnt necessary, but if they were going to do that, then id map em to the shoulder buttons and maybe add some auto aiming? /shrug

because using the stick to aim into th ebackground sounds like horrid controls

It worked very well in Shadow Complex, very fluid. I take it you've never played it?

never played but heard nothing but good things about the game so I'll take your word for it, and the previous post that mentioned gyro aiming for background foreground aiming could be quite awesome.
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#12PhantomSwordPosted 8/1/2011 6:44:03 PM
After you've beaten the main story of Other M, it very much becomes a traditional Metroid game.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#13SoaringDivePosted 8/1/2011 6:48:19 PM
I'd be okay with a Metroid game that uses the Other M gameplay (3rd person, 3D, fast pacing) but doesn't have too much of a plot, and is more open.

Actually, I'd love it.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#14PhantomSwordPosted 8/1/2011 6:54:59 PM
SoaringDive posted...
I'd be okay with a Metroid game that uses the Other M gameplay (3rd person, 3D, fast pacing) but doesn't have too much of a plot, and is more open.

Actually, I'd love it.

They should try again, but leave out too much story, get rid of the pixel hunts, maybe make it third-person only. Oh, and perhaps make Sense Move harder to use. Phantoon should have been hard, I think. But Sense Move made it so easy. Speaking of, why haven't they thought of such a thing for the Spider-Man games?

Oh, and on Wii U, so that we can use traditional controls. It would be perfect - again, they got it right with the postgame.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#15HermanTuttlePosted 8/1/2011 6:56:09 PM
No. Shadow Complex was an insult to Metroid and shameless Ron Paul propaganda.
#16SteelFighter(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 6:57:52 PM
HermanTuttle posted...
No. Shadow Complex was an insult to Metroid and shameless Ron Paul propaganda.

How was it an insult? It was more of an excellent tribute and contribution to all side-scrollers
---
Clay Matthews = Thor? I think so.
#17HermanTuttlePosted 8/1/2011 7:00:10 PM
It had the same insufferable twin-stick shooter controls as every XBLA game.

Environments were waaay too linear and scripted for a Metroid clone, and the game had none of the "lonely" atmosphere that made Super Metroid so great.

Also, Orson Scott Card is an idiotic homophobe who can't write.
#18OverlordAlikPosted 8/1/2011 7:33:12 PM
PhantomSword posted...
SoaringDive posted...

Actually, I'd love it.

They should try again, but leave out too much story, get rid of the pixel hunts, maybe make it third-person only. Oh, and perhaps make Sense Move harder to use. Phantoon should have been hard, I think. But Sense Move made it so easy. Speaking of, why haven't they thought of such a thing for the Spider-Man games?

Oh, and on Wii U, so that we can use traditional controls. It would be perfect - again, they got it right with the postgame.

I actually thought the sense move was fine as it was. yeah you could dominate with it but if you even let up for an instant you would get owned hard. Add to that the fact that there were no health pick ups and it was just fine.

Super metroid with other M gameplay would be just fine. But the main thing is, the areas have to be BIG and wide open to explore, Other M was too much narrow hall way, to narrow hall way to narrow hall way, even the big areas were generally fairly restricted in where you could go.

finally Other M's off beaten paths usually led to a deadend, Super Metroid rarely ever led you to a dead end, if you found a hidden path it usually led to another huge area to explore. Theres so many large side areas in Super Metroid, I STILL can't remember it all and find myself going "oh! right!" whereas OtherM is extremely easy to find the paths.
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585