The Ambassador program is a lame attempt at consoling those who purchased early

#1NintendoBoy259Posted 8/1/2011 7:06:37 PM
1. There are few good games on the dated NES.
2. Limiting to these two consoles is illogical - it's just data transfers.
3. We can't even use it until a later date, and the options are going to be very limited.
4. Myself and many others would rather have the cash.

So I bought this system for essentially one game (Zelda) and about a month later the price drops on me. The library is still horrendous, there's nothing to play for this system and its highest rated games are ports.

I was planning on buying the Wii-U at launch but now I'm pretty much done with this company, especially after forcing the Wii Motion Plus gimmick on me with Skyward Sword as well. This is just too much. Yeah, I like the idea of making retro games available to new gamers, but I feel like the company is relying on that, and I'm getting tired of playing the same games over and over again.
---
Yeah, I mean, video games are cool....
#2blunderminePosted 8/1/2011 7:07:50 PM
What else would they do? They can't give away current gen games, that would be unfair to the publishers.
#3SoaringDivePosted 8/1/2011 7:07:52 PM
They could have just done what Sony did with the PSP Go.

Nothing.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#4TheSPPPosted 8/1/2011 7:08:47 PM

Stopped reading there.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#5leak_manPosted 8/1/2011 7:08:54 PM
Hey, it works for me.
---
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a ***** would draw.
http://i40.tinypic.com/rh6dc1.jpg
#6PhantomSwordPosted 8/1/2011 7:09:12 PM
Motion Plus won't be a gimmick in Skyward Sword. First GOOD use of Motion Plus, and the game actually changes a LOT of the established formula from the start. So I wouldn't have it any other way, really.

And there are only two games Nintendo's remade for 3DS.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#7NintendoBoy259(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 7:09:19 PM
blundermine posted...
What else would they do? They can't give away current gen games, that would be unfair to the publishers.

For starters they could have not isolated it to NES/GBA and thus allowed me to download TLoZ:LADX for free

But they know people are going to buy that one, so they didn't include it
---
#8Mariofan15Posted 8/1/2011 7:10:39 PM
NintendoBoy259 posted...
2. Limiting to these two consoles is illogical - it's just data transfers.
3. We can't even use it until a later date, and the options are going to be very limited.
4. Myself and many others would rather have the cash.

So I bought this system for essentially one game (Zelda) and about a month later the price drops on me. The library is still horrendous, there's nothing to play for this system and its highest rated games are ports.

I was planning on buying the Wii-U at launch but now I'm pretty much done with this company, especially after forcing the Wii Motion Plus gimmick on me with Skyward Sword as well. This is just too much. Yeah, I like the idea of making retro games available to new gamers, but I feel like the company is relying on that, and I'm getting tired of playing the same games over and over again.

So what. Dont download them. Simple. They are a nice reward for those of us that bought it before the price cut was announced. I dont know why you people have to whine about this when Nintendo is actually trying to make up for people having bought the system.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#9NintendoBoy259(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 7:10:45 PM
PhantomSword posted...
Motion Plus won't be a gimmick in Skyward Sword. First GOOD use of Motion Plus, and the game actually changes a LOT of the established formula from the start. So I wouldn't have it any other way, really.

And there are only two games Nintendo's remade for 3DS.

The fact that the gameplay centers around the Motion Plus makes it a gimmick, yeah. On that, I shouldn't have to spend extra money on a Motion Plus unit (or controller) to play the game.
---
#10Starwars4JPosted 8/1/2011 7:11:26 PM
NintendoBoy259 posted...
blundermine posted...

For starters they could have not isolated it to NES/GBA and thus allowed me to download TLoZ:LADX for free

But they know people are going to buy that one, so they didn't include it

Right, because the titles that we know about are obscure, poorly-rated titles. Oh wait, they're an all-star lineup of some of the best games ever made, that likely everyone would have downloaded.

If you're going to do this, try to make sense next time, and not pick an argument that was already weak and full of holes.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade