Sometimes, success is the worst thing to happen to a creative outfit

#1kinsho3Posted 8/1/2011 7:48:03 PM
And the quote rings true for Nintendo. They needed a hit to their ego after they were riding high on the Wii and the DS. Hopefully, their latest quarterly earnings and the slow sales of the 3DS will have changed their perspective a little bit.

I still do not fully understand why they would release a $250 console that was lacking a decent game library as well as a bunch of other features....

The Ambassador program and the executive pay cuts are a good start towards rethinking their current strategy. Now they should learn to embrace online play...
---
Drop it to the floor...
#2greensacsPosted 8/2/2011 6:48:43 AM
I think with the sales of the 3DS will be good for the WiiU. Maybe Nintendo will make sure there is some stellar titles for launch and have a good price point.
---
360 GT-BoozokaTooth PS3-AlphaMale27
3DS Friend Code-4382-2058-4583
#3Lord_FroodPosted 8/2/2011 8:20:10 AM
greensacs posted...
I think with the sales of the 3DS will be good for the WiiU. Maybe Nintendo will make sure there is some stellar titles for launch and have a good price point.

I sure do hope so. Maybe the Wii U will release with a Mario game and Pilotwings just like the N64. I'd chuckle quite a bit.
---
Stop making sense. People are trying to bash everything Nintendo does without thinking. Go somewhere else. - Mattperd, about the 3DS boards.