Odd question about the system itself, but...

#1CronoDynePosted 8/1/2011 11:22:05 PM
How tall is the "stick" portion of the analog nub? And can you get to it easily? I ask because I can't stand the feeling of plastic against plastic, so I add a strip of a certain tape along the analog stick of my PS3 and 360 controllers to give it more of a smooth feeling. I own a PSP 3000, and there is no way in hell to get any tape on it; it's just too short and there isn't enough room. The rough feeling takes a LOT of enjoyment out of the game for me. It's a compulsion; can't help it.

And yes, I know how easy it is to come up with euphemisms with this post.. >__>
---
If you're using the term "Dues Ex Machina" in your post, you're probably using it wrong.
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 8/1/2011 11:45:15 PM
Its not an analog stick, its a slide pad
---
Donkey Kong Country Returns:
Factory>Volcano and Cave>Forest and Jungle>Ruins and Beach>Cliff
#3CronoDyne(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 12:27:53 AM
You can call it a "cow" if you want, the question remains.
---
If you're using the term "Dues Ex Machina" in your post, you're probably using it wrong.
#4RussiaOnePosted 8/2/2011 12:30:23 AM
No chance at all of getting tape on the "stick" portion. Not unless you take the system apart to do so. There's even less "stick" showing than on the PSP nub.
---
Avada Kedavra!
#5niels200683Posted 8/2/2011 1:30:24 AM
There isn't a stick, period.

The comment stating it's a slide pad actually answers the question - it's a slide pad: not an analog stick. An alternate analog control.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#6HeyListenPosted 8/2/2011 1:34:35 AM
Yes. This is not a stick. It does not roll or pivot in equal radius to a certain location along a sphere. It is a flat pad that slides always parallel to the system itself.
---
Eevee'R'Us
4899 1958 6491
#7elheberPosted 8/2/2011 2:23:45 AM
CronoDyne posted...
You can call it a "cow" if you want, the question remains.

I suppose the word "slide" in "slide pad" didn't tip you off about the amount of space between the plastic.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#8strongo9Posted 8/2/2011 2:27:18 AM
It's a slide pad, not an analog stick. There is not stick portion to it and it's made of rubber. There isn't any sound caused by it when it's used.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 8/2/2011 2:35:22 AM
so what, are your hands made of plastic?
---
Super Nintendo Defender system