Odd question about the system itself, but...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Odd question about the system itself, but...
5 years ago#1
How tall is the "stick" portion of the analog nub? And can you get to it easily? I ask because I can't stand the feeling of plastic against plastic, so I add a strip of a certain tape along the analog stick of my PS3 and 360 controllers to give it more of a smooth feeling. I own a PSP 3000, and there is no way in hell to get any tape on it; it's just too short and there isn't enough room. The rough feeling takes a LOT of enjoyment out of the game for me. It's a compulsion; can't help it.

And yes, I know how easy it is to come up with euphemisms with this post.. >__>
If you're using the term "Dues Ex Machina" in your post, you're probably using it wrong.
5 years ago#2
Its not an analog stick, its a slide pad
Donkey Kong Country Returns:
Factory>Volcano and Cave>Forest and Jungle>Ruins and Beach>Cliff
5 years ago#3
You can call it a "cow" if you want, the question remains.
If you're using the term "Dues Ex Machina" in your post, you're probably using it wrong.
5 years ago#4
No chance at all of getting tape on the "stick" portion. Not unless you take the system apart to do so. There's even less "stick" showing than on the PSP nub.
Avada Kedavra!
5 years ago#5
There isn't a stick, period.

The comment stating it's a slide pad actually answers the question - it's a slide pad: not an analog stick. An alternate analog control.
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
5 years ago#6
Yes. This is not a stick. It does not roll or pivot in equal radius to a certain location along a sphere. It is a flat pad that slides always parallel to the system itself.
Eevee'R'Us
4899 1958 6491
5 years ago#7
CronoDyne posted...
You can call it a "cow" if you want, the question remains.

I suppose the word "slide" in "slide pad" didn't tip you off about the amount of space between the plastic.
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
5 years ago#8
It's a slide pad, not an analog stick. There is not stick portion to it and it's made of rubber. There isn't any sound caused by it when it's used.
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
5 years ago#9
so what, are your hands made of plastic?
Super Nintendo Defender system
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Odd question about the system itself, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived