The trend of un-erasable save files...

#31elihuaranPosted 8/2/2011 7:25:26 AM
Fayegurl posted...
In a pacman game, the fact that there is an unlockable in the first place disturbs me.

In all fairness, Pacman & Galaga Dimensions only has levels that you unlock. It's not like you're going to unlock some ultimate code/thing that makes the game easier.
#32elihuaranPosted 8/2/2011 7:32:39 AM
Prime_Phoenix posted...
I'm sure I heard that if you hold all four face buttons and both shoulder buttons when booting up Pacman/Galaga then you can wipe the save file.

Can anyone verify this?

Just checked it out, yes you can erase the save file. Okay then, guys, there are 3 games with this unerasable save feature.
#33pikachupwnagePosted 8/2/2011 7:35:59 AM
Wallydraigle posted...
elheber posted...
4 games.

You know, there was a time when Hitler had only murdered four jews. That didn't make it right because it was only four.

Your comparing hitler to VIDEO GAMES NOT HAVING ERASEABLE FILES! really?
---
"AIM FOR THE HORN PIKACHU" proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#34FoofyheadPosted 8/2/2011 6:06:24 PM
Aren't they pretty much the same thing?

I mean, isn't this issue going to cause another Holocaust?

Oh and, I think I'll be looking for (more) Tsunami Bomb, thanks!
---
A man should smell of sweat, not flowers.
--Selmy Barristan
#35LilroscoPosted 8/2/2011 6:27:31 PM(edited)
Err...about pac-man

http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1185452p1.html (This link was already posted)

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/08/turns_out_you_can_delete_pac_man_and_galaga_save_data
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#36MattperdPosted 8/2/2011 7:03:35 PM
This wasn't complained about in other gens.

GBA had plenty of games that didn't allow erasing files.

I think Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors didn't have a way to start over.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#37PrealienkingPosted 8/2/2011 7:06:19 PM
I can't delete my save data on Galaga Legions on my 360 >:(
---
Currently Working on -
Warning: all posts after Midnight Central Time are a form of natural high that occurs due to lack of sleep.