I don't know how some people are saying that N will lose money with every 3DS.

#1andsoitendsPosted 8/2/2011 12:10:30 AM
They won't make as much profit, but I'm pretty damn sure it can't cost more than $120 to make a single 3DS, so it's not a huge profit margin now, but they sure as hell aren't paying out of their pocket with every sale of a 3DS.
---
"Canada is a magical land full of giant deer and snow and sweet stuff you can drink from trees and games played on ice with sticks! :D" - Kira
#2Starwars4JPosted 8/2/2011 12:27:51 AM
Well I'm glad you're sure, as analysts and Nintendo themselves have already said it costs more than they sell it for. Of course that's taking into account parts, factories, labor, R&D, shipping, storage, advertising...
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3nuclearratchetPosted 8/2/2011 12:43:45 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Well I'm glad you're sure, as analysts and Nintendo themselves have already said it costs more than they sell it for. Of course that's taking into account parts, factories, labor, R&D, shipping, storage, advertising...

I actually agree with this.
#4strongo9Posted 8/2/2011 1:42:40 AM
At $250 Nintendo was making a small profit. At $170 Nintendo will be taking a small loss. You have to take into account all factors of mass producing a product.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#5AP3BrainPosted 8/2/2011 2:05:48 AM(edited)
Starwars4J posted...

They never said that unless I missed something in the past day. They have said they took a large profit loss though.

Edit: And to specify... There are articles saying that Bloomberg Japan said that Nintendo is taking a loss on each unit sold but I couldn't find where Bloomberg Japan has said that. I would assume they would say that in one of their articles? I've read them and I got nothing.
#6Starwars4JPosted 8/2/2011 10:49:54 AM
AP3Brain posted...
Starwars4J posted...

They never said that unless I missed something in the past day. They have said they took a large profit loss though.

Edit: And to specify... There are articles saying that Bloomberg Japan said that Nintendo is taking a loss on each unit sold but I couldn't find where Bloomberg Japan has said that. I would assume they would say that in one of their articles? I've read them and I got nothing.

That same day Iwata spoke justifying the reason they were taking the loss.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7Final Fantasy2389Posted 8/2/2011 10:53:50 AM
Everyone who thinks Nintendo isn't taking a loss now never seems to take into account everything Starwars4J brought up. People need to take some business classes or something.
---
Please, call me FF.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/623bored/72511.gif
#8Bridge_HansonPosted 8/2/2011 11:11:37 AM
I read a report recently that the production cost of each 3DS is about $101 US. So they'll still be making a profit. Quite a bit, actually. Companies have accountants for the very reason of making sure they come out ahead. It's why they have their masters degrees and high paying jobs ;)
---
From: ghettorevival | Posted: 3/14/2011 6:30:15 PM | #006
Rocky Maiviasatellite?
#9paradoxworldPosted 8/2/2011 11:12:44 AM
Nintendo may be taking a loss on the hardware sales, but it works itself out when people buy a game or two with their 3DS. And people usually always end up with a first party title either as their first game for it, or their second or third.
---
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, poem write you.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#10LightHawKnightPosted 8/2/2011 11:14:25 AM

I read a report recently that the production cost of each 3DS is about $101 US. So they'll still be making a profit. Quite a bit, actually. Companies have accountants for the very reason of making sure they come out ahead. It's why they have their masters degrees and high paying jobs ;)

You really know nothing at all do you.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."