The 3DS is not dead nor is it close to dying.

#11Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 8:35:43 AM
trenken posted...
They arent saying its dead, they are just predicting the future after decades of patterns in videogames.

Epic price drop this quickly after launch aren't a great sign. It can go either way, the price drop could help around the holidays once they get more games out, or the system may never end up being that successful due to the fact that it's just way too similar to the original DS which so many people already own.

yeah you try playing OoT3D on a DS and tell me how that works out for you.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#12trenkenPosted 8/2/2011 8:43:06 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
trenken posted...
They arent saying its dead, they are just predicting the future after decades of patterns in videogames.

Epic price drop this quickly after launch aren't a great sign. It can go either way, the price drop could help around the holidays once they get more games out, or the system may never end up being that successful due to the fact that it's just way too similar to the original DS which so many people already own.

Ancient N64 game. Go tell the average consumer to spend $250 to play a $40 N64 game, tell me how that works out for you.

You think they dropped the price because the 3DS was doing great and they just want to be aggressive? Come on.... it wasnt selling anymore. It's a known fact. This would have been dead next year if they kept it at that price, no matter what games they have out for it.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#13Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 8:51:00 AM
trenken posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
trenken posted...

Ancient N64 game. Go tell the average consumer to spend $250 to play a $40 N64 game, tell me how that works out for you.

You think they dropped the price because the 3DS was doing great and they just want to be aggressive? Come on.... it wasnt selling anymore. It's a known fact. This would have been dead next year if they kept it at that price, no matter what games they have out for it.

OoT3D was an example of how its not similar to DS. Yes in terms of hardware design it is. But look Gameboy Advance was 'similar' to Gameboy Color and it did very well. Same will apply to the 3DS in time. You can't play 3DS games on a DS and that'll be why people pick up a 3DS this holiday season and even past that. They'll see Super Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, and even Luigi's Mansion 2 which was high requested BY FANS. So with them listening to the fans and delivering LM2 that'll boost sales as well. I think by end of this year the 3DS will be at a minimum of 8 - 9 million units sold. Possibly much more than that.
---
#14trenkenPosted 8/2/2011 8:56:12 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
trenken posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
trenken posted...

OoT3D was an example of how its not similar to DS. Yes in terms of hardware design it is. But look Gameboy Advance was 'similar' to Gameboy Color and it did very well. Same will apply to the 3DS in time. You can't play 3DS games on a DS and that'll be why people pick up a 3DS this holiday season and even past that. They'll see Super Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, and even Luigi's Mansion 2 which was high requested BY FANS. So with them listening to the fans and delivering LM2 that'll boost sales as well. I think by end of this year the 3DS will be at a minimum of 8 - 9 million units sold. Possibly much more than that.

In this economy you think everyone is going to be running out to spend $170 on something that looks just like their existing DS? You have to look at the reality of things here. Nintendo wants the average consumer to spend this money to play more versions of mario kart, some n64 games, etc.... tough sell in this market right now, and thats not changing very soon.

Can the 3DS be considered a success at some point? Sure, but it is never getting to the same place the original DS did, so to nintendo they will never be satisfied with that and are a VERY proactive company. They would start exploring ways to create something entirely new, no relation to the DS, and I would bet anything they are already researching what that next thing could be.

Just like after the GBA came out, they announced the DS and remember, they told us the DS was not a replacement for the GBA, which turned out to be a complete lie. This is what they do, they want us to buy 3DS's, then when they see the sales arent through the roof they create something very different to spark excitement, then the 3DS just fades away like the GBA eventually did after a relatively short amount of time.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#15LHS_2012Posted 8/2/2011 9:01:31 AM
trenken posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
trenken posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
trenken posted...

In this economy you think everyone is going to be running out to spend $170 on something that looks just like their existing DS? You have to look at the reality of things here. Nintendo wants the average consumer to spend this money to play more versions of mario kart, some n64 games, etc.... tough sell in this market right now, and thats not changing very soon.

Can the 3DS be considered a success at some point? Sure, but it is never getting to the same place the original DS did, so to nintendo they will never be satisfied with that and are a VERY proactive company. They would start exploring ways to create something entirely new, no relation to the DS, and I would bet anything they are already researching what that next thing could be.

Just like after the GBA came out, they announced the DS and remember, they told us the DS was not a replacement for the GBA, which turned out to be a complete lie. This is what they do, they want us to buy 3DS's, then when they see the sales arent through the roof they create something very different to spark excitement, then the 3DS just fades away like the GBA eventually did after a relatively short amount of time.

Didn't millions of people buy the iPad 2 within a few days, which was not only way more expensive than the 3DS, but also way more similar to its predecessor?
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#16Lord_FroodPosted 8/2/2011 9:05:23 AM
Psh, please TC, like we need people telling us that. Anybody who thinks it's already dead is a fool.
---
Stop making sense. People are trying to bash everything Nintendo does without thinking. Go somewhere else. - Mattperd, about the 3DS boards.
#17Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 9:24:28 AM
trenken posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
trenken posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
trenken posted...

Its only similar in design. The Vita looks like the PSP but I guarantee you that it'll sell as well. When people see the 3DS is not just a new design of DS but in fact a new system altogether they'll buy it. They'll want the new games.
---
#18VampiricDragon_Posted 8/2/2011 9:32:32 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
Psh, please TC, like we need people telling us that. Anybody who thinks it's already dead is a fool.

Pretty much this. The people who say otherwise dont even understand whats going on
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue