The 3DS isn't failing, dying or a flop. It's only been 5 months, for God's sake.

#1rashrulesPosted 8/2/2011 7:32:21 AM
How stellar was the DS' library in its first five months? I can describe it in four words: "Super Mario 64 DS"

And the PS3 was so bad in its first couple of years that it spawned an entire meme.

The Wii? Pfft, hahaha.

And now? All three of them have an amazing lineup of exclusives with the DS, first ridiculed for being gimmicky and awful compared to the upcoming PSP, having the highest number of good games of its generation.

Its like people forget that almost every video game system has a drought of good games in its first year. In fact, if compared to others, the 3DS launch lineup/first few months of games was actually above average.

Five years from now people will post screencaps of today saying 'lol remember when everyone thought the 3DS was the next Virtual Boy/Dreamcast because of the price cut?"
---
Official Azelf of Pokemon Black/White boards.
3DS: 0817-3819-3503
#2Mr kittyPosted 8/2/2011 7:35:53 AM
I didn't really checked the sells but if I remember well it did good on the software side.
---
Intel DX58S0, Core i7 920, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 tri channel 1600mhz CL7, XFX HD5870 1GB, 2X250GB RAID +1TB+1TB , Antec Quattro850 850W, TC-32LZ800
#3mcsmellingtonPosted 8/2/2011 7:37:24 AM
Could this not have been posted in another topic? There's one almost identical to this still on the first page.
---
GT: McPoo
#4miso870Posted 8/2/2011 7:37:34 AM
rashrules posted...

Five years from now people will post screencaps of today saying 'lol remember when everyone thought the 3DS was the next Virtual Boy/Dreamcast because of the price cut?"

Or maybe they'll be saying, "LOL, remember when people thought the 3DS was going to be incredible and have tons of great games?"

It's too early to tell either way. One thing I'm sure about is that the 3DS won't come close to the DS's numbers.
#5SakurafanboyPosted 8/2/2011 7:37:48 AM
Mr kitty posted...
I didn't really checked the sells but if I remember well it did good on the software side.

didn't it also come out near the holidays?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#6LHS_2012Posted 8/2/2011 7:40:35 AM
miso870 posted...
rashrules posted...

Or maybe they'll be saying, "LOL, remember when people thought the 3DS was going to be incredible and have tons of great games?"

It's too early to tell either way. One thing I'm sure about is that the 3DS won't come close to the DS's numbers.

He's referencing the infamous "DS is dead" topics of '05.
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#7-Jammo-Posted 8/2/2011 7:46:02 AM
It's far from failing. Just underperforming. Doing well though. Just not as well as Nintendo hoped. DS was very meh it's first year too and I don't see too much of a reason to go into a city square wearing a sandwich board with "The end is near" written in bold red letters.
---
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Awakening of the Skyward Oracle Ocarina Princess Wakers Phantom Spirit Adventure Cap to the Past coming to Super Wiicuboy Advance 64DS
#8trenkenPosted 8/2/2011 7:48:49 AM
Comparing this to the DS is total fail. The DS sold well despite not having any games because it was something entirely new in every way.

The 3DS is pretty much just like the DS with some additional features. It's just an evolution, not a revolution like the DS was. On top of the fact that the DS wasnt as expensive, and came out when the economy was booming.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#9VampiricDragon_Posted 8/2/2011 7:50:27 AM
trenken posted...
Comparing this to the DS is total fail. The DS sold well despite not having any games because it was something entirely new in every way.

The 3DS is pretty much just like the DS with some additional features. It's just an evolution, not a revolution like the DS was. On top of the fact that the DS wasnt as expensive, and came out when the economy was booming.

The 3ds is selling just as good. And the 3ds isnt expensive anymore at least
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#10VampiricDragon_Posted 8/2/2011 7:51:24 AM
-Jammo- posted...
It's far from failing. Just underperforming. Doing well though. Just not as well as Nintendo hoped. DS was very meh it's first year too and I don't see too much of a reason to go into a city square wearing a sandwich board with "The end is near" written in bold red letters.

nintendo just recently said the sales total so far has exceeded expectations. Thats there most current line.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue