Basically, everything that made the original DS unique...

#1ChimpsonabusPosted 8/2/2011 10:40:56 AM
...isn't possible on the 3DS.

Developers can't make games which require for the player to hold the system like a book, because that would ruin the 3D effect.

Developers can't make games which use the top and bottom screens as a single large screen, because having a single image shared between a normal screen and a 3D screen would be jarring.

Developers can't make games which focus mainly on the touch screen because they won't be able to take advantage of the console's main gimmick.

And in the end, all we're left with is a 3D PSP with a touch screen, and not a very good touch screen.
#2iLLsteezePosted 8/2/2011 10:42:54 AM
good job making that list
---
You are ignoring 68 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#3paradoxworldPosted 8/2/2011 10:42:55 AM
The developers don't have to use 3D at all.
---
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, poem write you.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#4ShibutoPosted 8/2/2011 10:43:04 AM
Ok...

Anything else?
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292
#5Final Fantasy2389Posted 8/2/2011 10:44:46 AM
paradoxworld posted...
The developers don't have to use 3D at all.

Was going to post this.

Developers can choose to leave the 3D out completely and focus their attention on other ideas and play styles.
---
Please, call me FF.
#6shlaguedweirPosted 8/2/2011 10:55:36 AM
Very few games had you holding the DS like a book, and it wasn't really necessary.

Using both screens as a single large screen didn't look so good and now you have a 3D widescreen. I prefer the latter.

Devs can still make games with touchscreen controls, just not have the main action of the game happen on the touchscreen. That's fine by me. I liked the DS Zeldas and enjoyed the stylus controls, but I still prefer buttons (stylus controls suck when you're on a bus/train).
#7SakurafanboyPosted 8/2/2011 10:59:15 AM
Only thing that's dead is GH on it. Which was already killed by DSi due to lack of GBA slot where the buttons went. Otherwise the 3DS can do everything the DS did and more. And who honestly cares about Guitar Hero anymore?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#8panama_chiefPosted 8/2/2011 11:15:35 AM
what can nintendo do now to make the 3DS more unique?
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#9PhantomSwordPosted 8/2/2011 11:19:57 AM
Chimpsonabus posted...
...isn't possible on the 3DS.

Developers can't make games which require for the player to hold the system like a book, because that would ruin the 3D effect.

Developers can't make games which use the top and bottom screens as a single large screen, because having a single image shared between a normal screen and a 3D screen would be jarring.

Developers can't make games which focus mainly on the touch screen because they won't be able to take advantage of the console's main gimmick.

And in the end, all we're left with is a 3D PSP with a touch screen, and not a very good touch screen.

Barring the 3D PSP thing, I've said this before. No eBooks, no games like Thor DS, or Phantom Hourglass, etc.

Though, Cooking Mama 4 has the main action on the touch screen. But that's whatever.

3DS has lost a LOT of the creative things that it could've done. Should have made the screens the same size. And added a second analog - you don't copy your rival, you surpass them. But they went with one.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#10Final Fantasy2389Posted 8/2/2011 11:52:27 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Only thing that's dead is GH on it. Which was already killed by DSi due to lack of GBA slot where the buttons went. Otherwise the 3DS can do everything the DS did and more. And who honestly cares about Guitar Hero anymore?

No one. Not even Activision considering they canceled the series...
---
Please, call me FF.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/623bored/72511.gif