The best thing about Nintendo is: Customers > Money

#1guncrashdxPosted 8/2/2011 9:45:23 AM
So there was an $80 price cut on the 3DS because of economy issues, but they still manage to win the original 3DS fans by giving them 20 free games that no one else will be able to get yet. Nintendo shows they really just care about customers enjoying what they make more than the profits. Same reason why the start out with the lowest price they can sell their systems. People told Nintendo to sell the 3DS from $300 - $400, but they just made it $250 instead.

Man, this is why I prefer Nintendo instead of Sony.
---
My name is guncrashdx, but you can just call me TC.
#2CorruptedRPGPosted 8/2/2011 9:50:41 AM
Must... resist.. to.. laugh
---
C. Playing:
#3LimpanotPosted 8/2/2011 9:52:29 AM
Sooooo many joke topics on this board.
#4xWazManxPosted 8/2/2011 9:53:53 AM
not sure if serious

---
Alliance of Koridai-WazMan (Leader)
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3725/phoenix1c.png
#5Sailor GoonPosted 8/2/2011 9:55:07 AM
I'll try to respond maturely, even though I'd love to respond like the others here.

You're extremely naive if you think Nintendo did this as some sort of thing to make their customers happy and because they care about their customers. They're doing it because the 3DS is failing horribly, and they're desperately trying to grab more customers by dropping the price. The 3DS is very closely becoming a bomb for Nintendo. They're in financial trouble because of this, and they're trying to get out of it.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#6ShibutoPosted 8/2/2011 9:55:32 AM
If that was the case then where's Xenoblade....and Last Story.....and Pandora's Tower?
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292
#7LHS_2012Posted 8/2/2011 10:05:43 AM
Shibuto posted...
If that was the case then where's Xenoblade....and Last Story.....and Pandora's Tower?

In Japan, and coming to Eurooe in a few months.
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#8panama_chiefPosted 8/2/2011 10:07:57 AM
Good for you TC.....good for you.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#9paradoxworldPosted 8/2/2011 10:08:36 AM
I just don't understand why the 3DS "failed". I have seen the sale numbers. They might be lower than what Nintendo wanted, but they are still pretty good.

Regardless; Nintendo sells it for a high price, people complain. They reduce the price, people complain. Nintendo is damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
---
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, poem write you.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#10rockyminPosted 8/2/2011 10:12:02 AM
paradoxworld posted...
I just don't understand why the 3DS "failed".

It's simple really, a succesful handheld or console does not get a huge price drop less than six months after it launches.
---
3DS Code:0344-9279-3656
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile