the e-shop needs some serious organization

#1xCha0sPosted 8/2/2011 12:28:44 PM
sorry if i sound OCD, but i dont even wanna look at it in its current state. i cant find anything... theres no organization to it, it looks like they just throw whatever they want whereever they want at the time.
#2Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 8/2/2011 12:31:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It's hard to tell which category you go to just to find the game you're looking for. There's a lot of them to choose from, which makes it a little overwhelming.
---
www.ovguide.com/video/mr-brooks-mr-smith-922ca39ce10036bafd11972fe875db5a
#3trenkenPosted 8/2/2011 12:32:50 PM
Yeah they really need a good usability design expert working on this. Right now you can tell it was slapped together by some programmers. This is exactly how programmers design things, overly complex.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#4Mariofan15Posted 8/2/2011 12:33:19 PM
I think it's fine. I dont have a problem with finding anything.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#5HikumiPosted 8/2/2011 12:35:00 PM
I gave up on using the actual interface and just search for everything now. It's the only reliable way to find anything in that mess.
---
"Wings?! Sasuke had wings?! Do you mean like feathery angel wings? Or like airplane wings?"
#6strongo9Posted 8/2/2011 12:43:08 PM
Agreed. I found what I wanted, but it's poorly organized.

It should be set up like this:

Settings | 3DSWare | Virtual Console | DSiWare | Videos | What's Popular | New

3DSWare:

Games | Applications

Virtual Console:

3D Classics | Gameboy | Gameboy Color

DSiWare:

Games | Applications

Videos:

Game Trailers | Movie Trailers

After reaching all of those subcategories the eshop should give you the option of sorting the items by name, developer, genre, average score, release date, players, etc. There should also be a simple search function everwhere.

This would make finding the right thing for you simple and easy.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#7xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 12:48:56 PM
i think its a bigger deal than you might be lead to believe. i find it incredibly hard to warrant purchasing something based on the fact that the place you purchase it looks so sloppy like they dont even care about the system and its meant just for a quick cash in. it feels less like a game and more like a cheap "r word"
#8xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 12:55:03 PM(edited)
It should be set up like this:

Settings | 3DSWare | Virtual Console | DSiWare | Videos | What's Popular | New

3DSWare:

Games | Applications

Virtual Console:

3D Classics | Gameboy | Gameboy Color

DSiWare:

Games | Applications

Videos:

Game Trailers | Movie Trailers

that sounds even more confusing. it should be set up something like this:
3D Classics
Virtual Console
DSiware
Videos
Trailers and Demos

no need for all of the sub categories and the mess. i dont mind the "most downloaded" or "top rated" but do we really need a "what we're playing"? i dont really care what you're playing, no offense but it has no bearing on what i purchase.
i realize theres more categories i didnt list off but i just was saying the general idea should be simple, theres useless subcategories everywhere, and games sitting out of any category, for no reason
#9dunkisPosted 8/2/2011 12:53:02 PM
I gotta admit, it looked really disorganized when I first looked at it, and I'm not even one those kinds of people that picky about organization as long as I can figure out how to use something. It's really annoying browsing through it, and I know what I'm doing. I can only imagine how overwhelmed a newb would be looking through it.
---
3DS 3394-3558-7825
#10r_m_8_8Posted 8/2/2011 12:57:53 PM
I like the "custom shelves" thing, but they should also have a more traditional categorization.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.