Top Screen touching Bottom

#1OoSubaruoOPosted 8/2/2011 1:52:43 PM(edited)
Has anyone been able to send in their 3DS to Nintendo, due to either the top screen touching the bottom, or the thumb nub leaving an imprint? I need my bumpers fixed, due to my thumb nub leaving a mark on the top.
#2cheeseyrox2Posted 8/2/2011 1:54:35 PM(edited)
Slide pad imprint is weird but easier to wipe off than the rims of the touch screen imprinting. I wouldn't send the 3DS in, it's a hardware flaw unfortunately--rather than a defect.

I have a solution but apparently it's too gross -_-
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 224
#3JakeisGreatestPosted 8/2/2011 1:54:44 PM
Gosh you must be closing your 3DS super hard, chill out brooo.
---
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaake
#4cheeseyrox2Posted 8/2/2011 1:56:52 PM
JakeisGreatest posted...

I tried gently closing my 3DS, still happened.

If you have something that makes textures smoother, apply that to the rims of your touch screen. It has nothing to do with closing too hard (even though that could probably do something in addition).
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 224
#5OoSubaruoO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 1:57:44 PM
JakeisGreatest posted...

No I don't, I close it gently.
#6packattackPosted 8/2/2011 1:58:55 PM
It's a flaw with the product, so Nintendo would have to fix it for free. And you should chill out, previous poster. I've tested this on my 3DS and if I close it 2-3 times as lightly as possible and open it, it leaves the marks. He isn't closing his hard. Why some people think they can be this tough guy bully on the internet is beyond me.
---
Single and multiplayer video game highscore competition - over 450 games - www.cyberscore.me.uk
#7cheeseyrox2Posted 8/2/2011 2:00:21 PM
Apply some grease from your forehead or something to the rims of the touch screens...being serious here, it worked for me :/
---
#8cheeseyrox2Posted 8/2/2011 2:00:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9OoSubaruoO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 2:04:43 PM
I speak with the 3DS department right? First time doing this.
#10cheeseyrox2Posted 8/2/2011 2:08:24 PM
Almost everyone with a 3DS has this problem...it's really fixable, you can purchase a screen protector. I really wouldn't waste the time sending it in :/
---