Top Screen touching Bottom

#21Moondoggie35Posted 8/2/2011 9:28:07 PM
the story about nintedo replacing bumpers is a myth, they do not, i sent mine in for a bad 3d depth slider, got a new system, the bumpers are exactly the same.
---
R.I.P. Rockman
Next game I buy from Capcom will be: Rockman DASH 3
#22OoSubaruoO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 11:45:34 PM
Moondoggie35 posted...
the story about nintedo replacing bumpers is a myth, they do not, i sent mine in for a bad 3d depth slider, got a new system, the bumpers are exactly the same.

You got a new 3DS. I'm pretty sure the newer ones have raised bumpers, to keep it from touching the bottom screen.
#23StarlightDrivePosted 8/3/2011 12:12:18 AM
SShredder565 posted...
It's not a problem of closing it too hard..

So I cut out several layers of very tiny pieces of tape and applied them to each bumper. No more problems, and it's not very noticeable.

I did this exact same thing. Took me a few tries, but it's not noticeable at all and the bumpers stay in place firmly if you do it correctly.
#24OoSubaruoO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 6:33:41 AM
Kinda ticks me a bit. Nintendo should be able to replace the bumpers, because they're the ones who put small ones on to begin with. I'm going to be ticked if the screen gets a scratch after the warranty ends.
#25xCha0sPosted 8/3/2011 6:44:37 AM
yeah this is an issue with all 3DS
#26Untitled108Posted 8/3/2011 7:28:41 AM
Moondoggie35 posted...

What exactly do you mean when you say "bad 3d depth slider"? Mine is REALLY stiff but it still works a little... does this qualify?
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#27YuwaiPosted 8/3/2011 7:30:22 AM
cheeseyrox2 posted...
Almost everyone with a 3DS has this problem...it's really fixable, you can purchase a screen protector. I really wouldn't waste the time sending it in :/

Eww, a screen protector, that's so gross.

Lol but seriously, i just wipe it off, it takes like 2 whole seconds. It's not like it'll cause damage to your screen to have these little marks appear, even though I understand it can be as annoying as being forced to wear an itchy shirt that grandma made for you during the holidays. *shudders*
#28OoSubaruoO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 8:32:03 AM
Yuwai posted...
cheeseyrox2 posted...
Almost everyone with a 3DS has this problem...it's really fixable, you can purchase a screen protector. I really wouldn't waste the time sending it in :/

Eww, a screen protector, that's so gross.

Lol but seriously, i just wipe it off, it takes like 2 whole seconds. It's not like it'll cause damage to your screen to have these little marks appear, even though I understand it can be as annoying as being forced to wear an itchy shirt that grandma made for you during the holidays. *shudders*

It starts off as marks, then turns into scratches over time. People have reported this happening.