Getting a 3DS the day the price drop takes effect. What games should I get?

#1AcendedPosted 8/2/2011 4:12:46 PM
I've been wanting a 3DS for some time now, and the price drop has sealed the deal. I've had the chance to play a bit of Steel Diver and DOA: Dimensions at Best Buy (Didn't spend much time on SD, but I did beat Arcade mode on DOA: Dimensions). I'm impressed with the 3D effect, and I thought that DOA: Dimensions was a solid game (Haven't played a DOA game before), but here's what I've been thinking about getting:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D *Will buy*

The rest I'm undecided on:
Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions
Steel Diver
Dead or Alive Dimensions
NIntendogs + Cats (My sister will most likely get this)

I'm mostly leaning towards Pac-Man and Galaga, but I want to try Steel Diver because it's new. I am a fighting game fan, but I don't think a handheld fighter will last long. Any suggestions?
---
My Top Ten (and more!) Games List: http://www.unikgamer.com/users/ascended-766.html
#2Spiffy247Posted 8/2/2011 4:14:16 PM
Samurai Warriors Chronicles is my favorite non-Zelda 3DS game. look at some reviews.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#3nintendoggerPosted 8/2/2011 4:14:54 PM
Nintendogs and Ocarina. It's what I have.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#4MINJI20Posted 8/2/2011 4:19:24 PM
Hmm...I heard Steel Driver is rather short. I think OoT could keep you busy for a while, but if you really want a game, I think Samurai Warriors Chronicles or DOA would work. By the way, I think your sister would really enjoy Nintendogs.
#5SonicRecordsPosted 8/2/2011 4:30:58 PM
Though I don't have a 3DS yet, these games look good excluding Zelda.

Steel Diver
DOA: Dimensions
Super Street Fighter IV
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Starfox 64 3D
Super Smash Bros. 3D
Animal Crossing 3D

I'll only get Starfox if we can save. We couldn't on the original. I know SSB won't be released for awhile, but it's SSB. And no big deal if you're not an AC fan. It's not everyone's game.
---
Goldeneye 007 FC: Level 45 156714564753 - [DS]Ghirahim
I finally have my Strata SV400. PM me on GameFAQs if you want to add me.