Remember the Nintendo DS launch?

#1Wyand_VoidbringPosted 8/2/2011 5:34:47 PM
It had a remake of an old N64 game (Super Mario 64 DS), and a ****ty handheld port of a good console game (Spider-Man 2).

Remember how the DS failed?

OH WAIT.
#2VampiricDragon_Posted 8/2/2011 5:35:56 PM
dont bother people will make excuses how the ds was a success day 1.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#3SlausdPosted 8/2/2011 5:36:09 PM
Hey! To be fair, they had "Feel the Magic" which was short....but incredibly weird and fun.

I do see the point your making though, and agree.
---
The awkward fisherman does nothing but disturb the water.
#4whisker510Posted 8/2/2011 5:40:27 PM
Remember when the CEO issued an apology for the short comings of the DS?

OH WAIT
#5Wyand_Voidbring(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 5:42:07 PM
whisker510 posted...
Remember when the CEO issued an apology for the short comings of the DS?

OH WAIT

Nintendo publicly admitted that they were ready to ditch the DS and move on to a new Gameboy if the DS was going to fail.

As its sales were also slow as **** in the first year or so.
#6Second_ChancesPosted 8/2/2011 5:45:53 PM
Except the DS had games that were actually fun from Day 1.
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#7VampiricDragon_Posted 8/2/2011 5:48:03 PM
Second_Chances posted...
Except the DS had games that were actually fun from Day 1.

so does the 3ds. I had fun with pilot wings and shadow wars and imported layton not far after,

But the ds got the same "the launch library stinks rap"
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#8Bridge_HansonPosted 8/2/2011 6:02:03 PM
The difference is Nintendo made a huge deal about the planned launch titles and upcoming games and failed to deliver. It got people's hopes up. The original DS didn't promise what it couldn't deliver, so people didn't care as much about the few good titles in the beginning.

I remember the demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters being a huge deal and almost a game in of itself at the time, lol.
---
From: ghettorevival | Posted: 3/14/2011 6:30:15 PM | #006
Rocky Maiviasatellite?
#9OverlordAlikPosted 8/2/2011 6:05:11 PM
Wyand_Voidbring posted...
It had a remake of an old N64 game (Super Mario 64 DS), and a ****ty handheld port of a good console game (Spider-Man 2).

OH WAIT.

only difference this go around is the price drop which has people circling the 3ds like anxious vultures.

It's not exactly the same as the DS launch, but I agree the 3DS is far from dead and still looking to clean up this holiday.
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#10VampiricDragon_Posted 8/2/2011 6:07:48 PM
OverlordAlik posted...
Wyand_Voidbring posted...

OH WAIT.

only difference this go around is the price drop which has people circling the 3ds like anxious vultures.

It's not exactly the same as the DS launch, but I agree the 3DS is far from dead and still looking to clean up this holiday.

If dq, FF, pokemon, mario titles, kid icarus are not delayed. Nintendo could clean up.
---