A better way to get WHAT YOU WANT

#1TinyTankXPosted 8/2/2011 8:04:03 PM(edited)
Should work lol.

1. Buy a 3DS for $250. Open it. Connect to the program. That way you're set either way.
2. Keep the $250 receipt.
3. Wait till the 12th for the price drop. Attempt to do a price match. If they refuse, very well then. Buy another 3DS for $169. Do not open it.
4. Wait a day and go return the unopened 3DS with the $250 receipt.
5. You win! You keep your 3DS that connected and YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE. Your money.

Let's see Gamestop try and stop this or some other store. They can't lol. You have a new 3DS and it's "receipt". Ha ha.
#21shadetail1Posted 8/2/2011 8:12:35 PM
Every DS, 3- or otherwise, has a unique serial number. I'm pretty sure the store would notice that the serial number on the receipt doesn't match.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3nintendoggerPosted 8/2/2011 8:13:03 PM
Hmmm, very interesting idea. What I don't think will work is doesn't every item have it's own identity, of sorts? Like in the store catalog?
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#4TinyTankX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 8:14:31 PM
That I'm not sure of. I doubt stores look at every individual console. Just hope your Gamestop employee is an idiot.
#5TrentHawkinsPosted 8/2/2011 8:17:36 PM
Morality of the normal loophole aside, I'm 99% sure this would be fraud.
---
Professor Snape definitely does not have pointed ears, and under no circumstances is he to be addressed as 'Spock'.
#6RahzarXPosted 8/2/2011 8:18:11 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Every DS, 3- or otherwise, has a unique serial number. I'm pretty sure the store would notice that the serial number on the receipt doesn't match.

No one ever checks.

I can't prove myself, the mods are a bit stingy these days.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#7mjc0961Posted 8/2/2011 8:20:03 PM
Good for you, TC. You only posted the exact same thread that people have been posting multiple times a day since the price drop and ambassador program were announced. Looking at even the first page of threads before posting a new one is hard, huh?
---
YOU'RE a pie chart.
#8FayeLadyPosted 8/2/2011 8:20:54 PM
The UPC would be the same. A place like walmart would probably not bother to check the serial on an unopened product.

I think its pointless though. Stores aren't going to care. They make very little selling video game hardware. They would much rather have a happy customer than one who feels ripped off. Thats the point of price match policies, so you feel comfortable shopping with them.
---
#9TrentHawkinsPosted 8/2/2011 8:21:32 PM

Good for you, TC. You only posted the exact same thread that people have been posting multiple times a day since the price drop and ambassador program were announced. Looking at even the first page of threads before posting a new one is hard, huh?

No, no. This one looks different. And illegal. See what he suggests if they refuse the price match.
---
" And hope there's intellegent life somewhere out in space because there's bugger all down here on earth"~Monty Python
#101shadetail1Posted 8/2/2011 8:22:08 PM
["That I'm not sure of. I doubt stores look at every individual console. Just hope your Gamestop employee is an idiot."]

No, this wouldn't work, not at Gamestop, at least. Gamestop receipts have a barcode on them. They would scan the receipt, then they would scan the unopened 3DS. The computer would tell them the serial numbers don't match, and that would be the end of it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.