Got an e-mail of Nintendo about Ambassador Program.

#1Linkz1Posted 8/2/2011 9:18:31 PM
I'm already registered for the Ambassador Program. Everyone 3DS early owners who accesed the eshop at least ONCE are automatically registered.

Only 1 month before the free NES games arrive.

Here's the e-mail:

===================
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. In answer to your question, as long as you accessed your Nintendo eShop by 11:59pm Eastern time, August 11, 2011 you are set. You are automatically registered for the "Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program." I checked your account and can verify that you are registered for the program!

I hope you find this information useful and, if you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
M. Michel Grimaldi

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
==================
#2LordAndrewPosted 8/2/2011 9:19:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3nintendoggerPosted 8/2/2011 9:20:03 PM
Do they send that to all the registered people?
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#4Linkz1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 9:21:22 PM
If you mean the games, yes.
#5deadANDrottedPosted 8/2/2011 9:21:41 PM
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if I had to buy anything because there isn't much I actually want at the moment. I check the e-shop every week to see whats new so I guess I'm set.
#6nintendoggerPosted 8/2/2011 9:21:53 PM
I meant the email actually.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#7LordAndrewPosted 8/2/2011 9:21:56 PM
Looks like Linkz1 asked Nintendo about it. If we want the e-mail, I suppose we'd also have to ask Nintendo.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#8LordAndrewPosted 8/2/2011 9:23:24 PM
Wait, what "account" did they "check"? That's interesting.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#9jayman7Posted 8/2/2011 9:24:49 PM
If Linkz gave his Friend Code or MAC Address or something, that would explain the "account" that was checked bit.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10johnboy81918Posted 8/2/2011 9:29:06 PM(edited)
Nintendo has been very clear about this since the first announcement.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/fttgI7OsQIB1tZqRMa5CtT45KLrmNkAY

Quote: These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program.

So yes, that email says precisely what the announcement declared: connect by the specified time and you are automatically registered to receive the free games.

EDIT: The bit about "checking the account" is a little odd - TC must have given his Friend Code like somebody else suggested, otherwise I'm not sure how Nintendo would know his/her particular 3DS had connected to e-shop.
---
Pwning n00bz the world over.
Wi-Fi info in quote