Finally got around to reading that ign article about price drops

#11VampiricDragon_Posted 8/3/2011 9:16:26 AM(edited)
The gameboy, gbc, gba, ds all had third party support. So theres no reason to think the 3ds wont

I am just reading straight from there forecast "sales exceeded" . The 3ds was basically the 1 brightspot ( 3ds forecasts stayed steady or up, the ds/wii plummeted, costs included 3ds marketing increasing, wii u research and development). And I dont think they thought they were going to sell 16 mill at 250 honestly. Which is why they changed the price

It was iwatas fault for the price and he really was silly this time. He deserves the full blame.
#12psoesm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 9:18:03 AM
"The gameboy, gbc, gba, ds all had third party support. So theres no reason to think the 3ds wont soon"

I didn't say there wouldn't be. If Nintendo wants this to be a commercial success then they need to reassure third parties and keep them on board because what Nintendo is doing is a huge red flag to them.
---
Hello. I'm Psoesm and I game on Linux!
This ad paid for by Ubuntu.
#13VampiricDragon_Posted 8/3/2011 9:19:16 AM
Didnt iwata say that after they announced the price drop third parties contacted them with signs of support and positivity?
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#14Makeveli_livesPosted 8/3/2011 9:25:46 AM

600$ becuase they added a worthless blu ray player?

And PS2 backwards compatability, PS1 emulation, connectivity with PSP while Nintendo was never able to use it as well with it's consoles/handhelds, bluetooth support, Linux support, built-in wifi, and flash card readers.

It had a hell of a lot more going for it then blu-ray support. If you can refrain from being biased, I'd appreciate it.

---
Pokemon White FC: 0862 2592 0781
#15psoesm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 9:28:41 AM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
Didnt iwata say that after they announced the price drop third parties contacted them with signs of support and positivity?

I'm not sure.
---
#16VampiricDragon_Posted 8/3/2011 9:36:18 AM
psoesm posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...

I'm not sure.

"Feedback from both retailers and software publishers has so far been "rather positive," he said."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/36159/Nintendos_Iwata_Drastic_3DS_Price_Cut_Will_Ignite_Holiday_Sales.php

so not developer specifically
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#17toma13Posted 8/3/2011 11:55:47 AM
I'm dismissive of the article because it's entire premise flat out wrong. It says that a struggling Nintendo system has never turned around after a price cut. This is wrong. The DS got a price cut 9 months in, while it was still struggling from a "lack of games". It wasn't until after the price cut that games like Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs, Brain Age, and New SMB came out. That's when the DS picked up steam. This was also before the DS lite came out. The article is wrong there too.

The 3DS is in a very similar position. Price cut in August, and Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus, etc coming for the Christmas season. A price cut and a few AAA titles made the DS into a huge seller, especially with kids, and the 3Ds will probably follow suit. Forget smart phone and the Vita. Parents are going to be picking up their kid the newest DS model now that it's priced in line with the others, especially when it'll also be the only one that plays the new Mario games. They'll then buy a smart phone for themselves, and Vita will be the "elite" system of choice for tech nerds.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#18psoesm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 2:58:20 PM
Maybe I should be dismissive of your comprehension:

What's more, every system they've had that had a price drop within six months turned out to be a commercial disappointment.
---