Penny Arcade on the 3DS

#71mcsmellingtonPosted 8/3/2011 8:05:29 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
mcsmellington posted...
I never said you made out that the online was good. What I'm saying is that none of my friends have 3DS's, they likely never will. I said the online system is atrocious, you can't do anything other than add a friend and look at their favourite game, and that I'd like invites, messaging and adding people I've just played with to make setting up games with online friends possible. Your response was 'OMG ONLINE NOLOL. WHY CANT U JUST SIT IN A ROOM WITH THEM'. I've explained why I can't do that, surely you must see the shortcomings of the online system.

I honestly don't see how you can defend Nintendo's inability to implement a decent online system. It makes no sense to me. You act like anything Nintendo **** out is pure gold. I like the console, I think it's alright, but its clear to me as a consumer that there are problems with it. It was overpriced, released without a killer app, and half of it's online functions not even on the damn thing, and then when they do release them, they're useless. How can that be defended?

how do i act like everything ninty ****s out is pure gold when i admit the online is not that good?

overpriced No and even if it was not anymore (*170$ isn' that the same as a dsi xl. yup. but it does so much more wow what a great deal!). released without a killer app yes.

now that you've explained why I understand but if you want freind to play the 3ds with you can tell them about it right?

Every topic that has some flaw of the 3DS's in it, you try to disprove it, usually ineffectively. I've seen you go through lists of flaws and essentially you're just saying 'Nope, I won't believe that this system is anything less than perfect'.

It was overpriced, but isn't now due to the price drop, I'll agree with you there.

As for your last sentence, I have no idea what you are trying to say. If I want a friend to play the 3DS, I'd have to add them, call them up and say 'Hey fancy a game of whatever?', then go online and hope that the matchmaking throws us together, due to no invite system. Which we can both see is ridiculous.

I see you've admitted the online system is 'not that good', but that's like the mildest way you could possibly say it. It's like you're afraid of what Nintendo will do to you if you actually admit that it's awful. Because it is, it's abominable.

And I've read your review. It's questionable. You've for 'durability' as one of the pros. Many people have had the thing scratch itself, screwed up hinges, cracked dpads etc. I don't think it's delicate, but it's durability isn't good enough to call it a positive. You've also listed 'has a lot of potential' as a plus, which makes it look like you just wanted things to pad out the pros list, and you also cited the e-shop as a pro, which it is, but you made no mention of the problems with it's design or pricing.
---
GT: McPoo
#72DarkKamonGPosted 8/3/2011 8:07:09 AM
mcsmellington posted...
They don't make the system terrible necessarily, but they hinder the experience you can have with it. Now why don't you justify Nintendo not including a friend messaging and invite system? I'd like to see what you come up with for that.

Ooh, I have one:

They plan to have the same online system for 3DS and Wii U, and with Wii U's system still not finalised, they didn't want to create a full system for 3DS only to change it several months later? No confirmation on this, but it's a possibility.

Anyway, as far as online goes, they've announced a paid DLC system by the end of the year, and we've heard rumours Wii U will use usernames. We should at least wait so see what they have planned before we continue complaining at them for what might be set to change.

Game prices are subjective, as people get different worth from the games they play. I import games for around 60-70 ($98-115) so seeing people complain about $40 games pisses me off, frankly. By that standard, Uncharted on PS3 or Vita should be $10, considering the previous games gave me about 10 hours of enjoyment each.
#73mcsmellingtonPosted 8/3/2011 8:07:31 AM
Also, I think I'm done for now. I don't see this discussion going anywhere, everyone in this topic can see you for what you are. I'm not going to say it, because it'll make me one, apparently :p
---
GT: McPoo
#74thundercat2600Posted 8/3/2011 8:08:49 AM
Jeez guys stop picking on pikachupwnage, you're hurting his feelings.

He's not playing his Virtual Boy, he's just using it to hide his tears. . .
#75pikachupwnagePosted 8/3/2011 8:12:23 AM
yeah i mangled that last sentence(what i meant was tell your 3ds about it so maybe they will buy one then you have someone to play with :D). as for durability the scratching thing is if you don't make good care of it(not a prob for me a take good care of 3ds) also never judge how many systems are screwed up by a message board. some of those are haters/trolls (there are always haters on messages boards). i have played it for over 230 hours and its still in great shape.

how do i go through flaws and act like " nope the 3ds is perfect" when i admit it has flaws?

also i plan on updating and improving my review you know(that was my first accepted review)
---
"AIM FOR THE HORN PIKACHU" proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#76pikachupwnagePosted 8/3/2011 8:14:20 AM
thundercat2600 posted...

i don't have a virtaul boy it sucked i admit that. why do all act like i think the 3ds is perfect when i have admitted its not a half dozen times in this topic?
---
"AIM FOR THE HORN PIKACHU" proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#77pikachupwnagePosted 8/3/2011 8:17:47 AM
thundercat2600 posted...

how does this contribute to the debate at all? if you want to prove i am wrong thunder then actaually debate me instead saying I am crying.
---