Do some people really think 4 months of bad sales will sink a legacy company?

#1blunderminePosted 8/3/2011 5:29:36 AM
No one can be that dumb...
#2nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 5:30:35 AM
Yes, they do, and yes apparently they can.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#3GM_Posted 8/3/2011 5:34:35 AM
People were expecting the 3DS to sell like an iPad or iPhone I guess. :| There's no way a handheld gaming system will sell 5 million in one weekend like an iDevice simply because it IS a more niche audience in comparison.

It is selling decent though for being a dedicated handheld gaming device and it will succeed but not to the extent people were actually thinking it would which was quite unrealistic to be honest.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
#4Prince ShondronaiPosted 8/3/2011 6:42:34 AM
Only people who desperately want to think that Nintendo will be forced to leave their precious Sony and Microsoft alone in the hardware market.
#5LordAndrewPosted 8/3/2011 6:43:48 AM
Hopefully we'll still remember the company! :P
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#6trenkenPosted 8/3/2011 6:46:51 AM
I dont know if anyone REALLY thinks the 3DS failing would sink a company like Nintendo. They have the means to be able withstand a devastating blow like this.

They make a ton of money, and have for decades, they are fine. It's the same reason why outside of helping bluray success, the PS3 has been a total failure for Sony and has cost them billions. They have no made any money off that thing, but it did help bluray along which is more important. And guess what, not only did they not got under, but are still producing PS3s as it keeps costing money!! It's because they are generating plenty of money elsewhere, just as Nintendo is with the Wii.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256