GamesRadar is spot on...

#1RomanticidePosted 8/3/2011 7:40:13 AM
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-top-7-ways-nintendo-can-save-the-3ds/a-201108011756972055

All of that is exactly right.
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#2pikachupwnagePosted 8/3/2011 7:40:55 AM
actaully most of it is exactly wrong
---
"AIM FOR THE HORN PIKACHU" proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#3nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 7:49:21 AM
Someone posted this yesterday, but I'd agree with the majority of that article.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#4Romanticide(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 7:49:22 AM
Because?
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#5GM_Posted 8/3/2011 7:51:29 AM
Lol dedicated handheld games will never cost $5 retail or less. People should get the mobile phone market OUT of the picture when making comparisons.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
#6Romanticide(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 7:52:31 AM
GM_ posted...
Lol dedicated handheld games will never cost $5 retail or less. People should get the mobile phone market OUT of the picture when making comparisons.

Why?
---
#7nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 7:52:57 AM
GM_ posted...

I agree.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#8Romanticide(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 7:56:10 AM
So you're happy to pay more when you get less because...?

Yea, games like Mario 3D or perhaps Resident Evil Revelations can't be cheap. Monkey Ball though? The crap on the eShop?
---
#9GM_Posted 8/3/2011 8:03:05 AM(edited)
Romanticide posted...
GM_ posted...

Why?

$0.99-$4.99 iOS games suck. I wouldn't buy monkey ball ever on any platform but a game of OoT's caliber for example or other games like Mario, Metroid, MGS, Monster Hunter, etc are worth every bit of $40 for their level of polish.

Paying low prices = lower levels of polish, gameplay, craftsmanship in the product thus devaluing the medium as a whole. The day a full fledged Zelda game releases on a mobile device for $2.99 is the day gaming dies.

Monkeyball should cost about $29.99 at the least though as the devs have royalties and printing costs to cover and marketing it for 4 bucks would not be profitable.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
#10Romanticide(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 8:03:50 AM
GM_ posted...
Romanticide posted...
GM_ posted...

Why?

$0.99-$4.99 iOS games suck. I wouldn't buy monkey ball ever on any platform but a game of OoT's caliber for example or other games like Mario, Metroid, MGS, Monster Hunter, etc are worth every bit of $40 for their level of polish.

Paying low prices = lower levels of polish, gameplay, craftsmanship in the product thus devaluing the medium as a whole. The day a full fledged Zelda game releases on a mobile device for $2.99 is the day gaming dies.

Yea, I won't disagree. Except for the fact that the majority of the 3DS' currently library are iPhone games.
---