GamesRadar is spot on...

#21Wynters387Posted 8/3/2011 1:32:29 PM
I want a real answer: will they be comparing the vita to the iphone games as well? Why pay 30-50 bucks for dedicated handheld games in general should be their question. I do think there should be better rules for game prices. But for those games that aren't worth 40 now will collect dust till they are at a worthy price.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.
#22theshovellerPosted 8/3/2011 1:36:51 PM
Wynters387 posted...
I want a real answer: will they be comparing the vita to the iphone games as well? Why pay 30-50 bucks for dedicated handheld games in general should be their question. I do think there should be better rules for game prices. But for those games that aren't worth 40 now will collect dust till they are at a worthy price.

Probably. To be honest, though, I see more of those "Playstation Minis" games that appeal to me more than the stuff I've seen in the e-shop. That might be just how long they've been out, though - those Minis have had a year or more of time to grow and multiply.
#23Wynters387Posted 8/3/2011 1:40:15 PM
theshoveller posted...
Wynters387 posted...

Probably. To be honest, though, I see more of those "Playstation Minis" games that appeal to me more than the stuff I've seen in the e-shop. That might be just how long they've been out, though - those Minis have had a year or more of time to grow and multiply.

Oh we're talking downloadable games? I thought it was about retailer prices. Which has me worried about all companies. I don't like taking sides so hopefully I come off as someone concerned for all gaming platforms.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.
#24theshovellerPosted 8/3/2011 1:44:44 PM
Wynters387 posted...
Oh we're talking downloadable games? I thought it was about retailer prices. Which has me worried about all companies. I don't like taking sides so hopefully I come off as someone concerned for all gaming platforms.

I'm assuming they're talking about retail versus downloadable games, which is why I shot out that $30 number. If they think a "go to a store and buy this game - case, manual, and cartridge all - for only $5" plan is feasible on any level, then they've been smoking some seriously jacked-up stuff.

That said, I do think they used a bad example, though - Super Monkey Ball isn't something that really changed its gameplay a lot no matter what system it's on. Now, something like... let's say a Devil May Cry game? Even if you had a good control method worked out for something like an iDevice or an Android, you're not going to get nearly the same level of cinematics, graphics, and possibly even extra features for the $3 price as you would for the $30 equivalent, and that's what will make people want to spend money on it.
#25strongo9Posted 8/3/2011 1:46:09 PM
I found it a rather silly article. They're either stating the obvious that is going to come eventually or they're making stupid claims.

7. Super Monkey Ball 3D is a 3rd party title. You cannot blame Nintendo because another company made a sloppy 3D port and marked the price too high. Games that are actually good are definitely worth $40.

6. 3D is optional. I don't see any dependence on it. Even Nintendo says it isn't for everything. What's their point.

5. Mii Plaza will be getting changes.

4. Of course Nintendo is going to develop some original eshop titles eventually. Geez, give them some time to develop them.

3. This is pathetic. Even a "professional" gaming media site is exaggerating the battery life. Sure we aren't getting a DS Lite level battery life, but we still get a great amount of time out of it. The 3DS does not charge at a rate of 1:1. Of course more colors will release eventually.

2. Of course more VC games are going to come out. Give the VC library time to grow.

1. What? Nintendo definitely ramped up the hardware this time and they're making more appeal to the hardcore crowd as well.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#26Wynters387Posted 8/3/2011 2:12:14 PM
@theshoveller

I agree that there are games that should be priced lower than other games here things. This goes for all systems.
---
#27pikachupwnagePosted 8/3/2011 2:13:42 PM
strongo9 posted...
I found it a rather silly article. They're either stating the obvious that is going to come eventually or they're making stupid claims.

7. Super Monkey Ball 3D is a 3rd party title. You cannot blame Nintendo because another company made a sloppy 3D port and marked the price too high. Games that are actually good are definitely worth $40.

6. 3D is optional. I don't see any dependence on it. Even Nintendo says it isn't for everything. What's their point.

5. Mii Plaza will be getting changes.

4. Of course Nintendo is going to develop some original eshop titles eventually. Geez, give them some time to develop them.

3. This is pathetic. Even a "professional" gaming media site is exaggerating the battery life. Sure we aren't getting a DS Lite level battery life, but we still get a great amount of time out of it. The 3DS does not charge at a rate of 1:1. Of course more colors will release eventually.

2. Of course more VC games are going to come out. Give the VC library time to grow.

1. What? Nintendo definitely ramped up the hardware this time and they're making more appeal to the hardcore crowd as well.

this
---
Proud 3ds ambassador. Nintendo fan since 2000. Stupid mario bros FTW. member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers