Ambassador Information

#51Pikachu1918(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 5:13:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#52mahgah91Posted 8/3/2011 5:17:15 PM
A better endeavor would be to ask for specific games.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564
#53Mariofan15Posted 8/3/2011 5:17:34 PM
Pikachu1918 posted...
What have I got lose by trying to sell it back to Nintendo first?

Or are the poor girlie fan boys lack the right stuff to try anf get what they want?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure your a UAU now.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#54CosmoKramer4700Posted 8/3/2011 5:23:03 PM
It was your choice to buy the 3DS. The games aren't owed to us, they're simply a gesture on Nintendo's part to apologize to their most loyal customers that switched over early. Beyond the high price and early lack of games, the poor economy is affecting sales. The price drop is necessary, not just for Nintendo but also for us, the early adopters. Nintendo needs to move more systems to be able to finance games for the system. It's in our interest as well as Nintendo's that they lower the price.

You obviously wanted the system enough to buy it early. It was worth $250 to you at the time. You were fully aware of the lineup of games and the system hardware when you put out the money for the system. You made the choice that it was worth the money. All that has changed is that Nintendo has realized that in order to continue to support the system and remain competetive, they are being forced to take drastic steps. The execs are taking pay cuts, and they're taking a hit in income by dropping the price of the system so significantly. They are offering their loyal customers that bought the system early 20 free games to show their commitment as a sign of good faith.

If anything, this means Nintendo will try to get system selling titles like Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Pokemon Gen. 6 completed and on the shelves as soon as possible. They'll be trying to push the e-shop to have a much more comprehensive library of titles. They'll be searching for much stronger third party support and will be working on even more big first party titles.

They're going to HAVE to put all their effort into putting out a LOT of great titles to reverse this trend...if anything, that's a good thing for gamers. If 3DS was selling like hotcakes with big titles few and far between like the Wii, Nintendo would have little incentive to put out as much quality software as they did on the DS. However, this situation is proof to Nintendo that they must put out good games if they want the 3DS to enjoy the same success as the original DS. With the initial offering of 20 free games to their most loyal customers, and the lineup of first party titles later this year it's clear Nintendo will respond accordingly. Expect big things for the 3DS coming soon. Sure, you can sell your system now, but is that really what you want or are you just lashing out? Nintendo has admitted they have made a mistake and are looking to rectify the situation. To criticize them for the initially high price point or lack of software early is entirely reasonable. What is unfair is to blame them for your decision to buy the system or to feel entitled to any kind of reparation. You were not swindled, hoodwinked, bamboozled, or hustled. You, a conscious consumer, chose to buy a product from a manufacturer. The price drop was as unexpected for Nintendo as it was for the customers.

You have to understand the REASON for the price drop. It is not that Nintendo has decided that the system really isn't worth the price. Rather, the majority of consumers have decided the price was too high. You were not one of them. You are one of the people who decided that $250 was a fair price for the 3DS and thus bought the system in the first 6 months. A large enough number of potential 3DS customers have decided otherwise and thus, Nintendo is dropping the price. They owe nothing to those who did not feel the same as those who held out for a lower price. You've already been equally compensated in that purchasing the system was your choice. When viewed in this light, the gesture of offering 20 free games (23 if you consider Pokedex 3D, Excitebike, and Four Swords) is certainly very honorable on Nintendo's part as is the decision by the executives to slash their own pay voluntarily.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#55CosmoKramer4700Posted 8/3/2011 5:26:05 PM
As for the email....I took that to mean we should send requests to Nintendo regarding the additional 10 titles not yet announced in order to get games we really want!

NES

Super Mario Bros. 3
Kid Icarus
Metroid
Zelda II: The Adventure of LInk
Punch Out

GBA

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Pokemon Emerald Version
Golden Sun
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#56JOJ650sPosted 8/3/2011 5:35:53 PM
When I paid 250$ for the 3DS, I was just paying for the 3DS,
and the 3DS alone.

Why complain when you made the choice to pay 250$?

There 20 free games may cost 5$ or more for others who did not get it before the price drop.
These games are probably a 100$ or more value.

If you played them before like me,
then just be content,
and you will get more respect.
---
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.
#57Pikachu1918(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 5:43:13 PM
I am going to post some titles I'd want for the NES/GBA, just to show I am not a total jerk, or trying to feed the trolls *Puts out a smoking ham*

NES
Double Dragon
The Adventures of Bayou Bill
Star Topic
Jackal
Duck Hunter (That dog is on a top 10 I am doing)

Mario Bros
Zelda
So I like two of the free titles

GBA

Sim City 2000
The Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap
Maybe a Sonic Game or two?
Batman: Begins
Battlebots anyone
Mothers 1,2, or 3? (Earthbound in other terms) The guy running Nintendo is the former president of Hal, he can pull strings. Heck, if they annouced Mother I know people who would pay $250 for the 3DS to get it. Usually 80-$100 on ebay.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#58Pikachu1918(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 5:45:49 PM
Isn't Four Swords just a redone version of a Link to the past?

Guess it was in a press release I missed, since I haven't seen anything about it being free.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#59FredSavage27Posted 8/3/2011 9:18:16 PM
I suppose they could have had us choose a few games instead of letting us have all of them.
---
If you are agnostic and don't know what to make of it, steal this signature.