Starfox in do or die situation, Nintendo confirmed it.

#1Jelley0Posted 8/3/2011 11:04:55 AM
Miyamoto said this is its last change, if it sells bad then there is no more Starfox. So please buy this game, even if you weren't planning on it! I wasn't going to buy it until I heard this.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29187/miyamoto-star-fox-will-be-reborn-if-people-buy-3ds-remake/
---
3DS: 0559-6766-9741
#2h1ryuPosted 8/3/2011 11:06:16 AM
Sorry but all this corporate blackmail is bollocks, I was going to buy it and probably still will but this makes me feel like waiting for a used copy.
---
PSN - Cyber_Pup
#3EternalNetherPosted 8/3/2011 11:07:31 AM
If they don't care enough about the series to buy the game why would they change their minds and buy it just to save a franchise they didn't care about in the first place?

And anyway I thought Star Fox hit its prime with Star Fox 64, which I loved to death. Everything since has been total crap. But I won't be buying the 3D remake because I do not own a 3DS yet and likely won't this year.
---
Intel i5 2500 I Sabertooth P67 I 4gb G.Skill Ripjaw X Series RAM I Nvidia GTX 460 Hawk I Seasonic X 650w I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB I CM Storm Scout
#4Jelley0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 11:09:46 AM
The link is legit, and I doubt Miyamoto would say that just to make it sell, and even if he did do just that, could you imagine if it didn't sell when Miyamoto told them they have to buy it or else? That would prove to them even more that it's hopeless. I don't think this is some marketing campaign.
---
#5batman_792Posted 8/3/2011 11:12:04 AM
If this title is so important, why did they toss out online multiplayer? I wouldve gladly bought it if that was the case
#6Jelley0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 11:13:13 AM
batman_792 posted...
If this title is so important, why did they toss out online multiplayer? I wouldve gladly bought it if that was the case

Well put it this way, you won't ever see Starfox online if you don't buy it.
---
#7elheberPosted 8/3/2011 11:14:46 AM
The type of semi-on-rails shooter Starfox represents is a dated genre. Unless the gameplay evolves to a more free roaming sim or dogfighting gameplay, I don't see it expanding its audience beyond the fans.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#8Dragon lord27Posted 8/3/2011 11:15:38 AM(edited)
Jelley0 posted...
batman_792 posted...

Well put it this way, you won't ever see Starfox online if you don't buy it.

Put it this way.

If Nintendo plays like that someone else will say "Hey guys. You want something BETTER then Starfox that plays the same AND has online multiplayer? Come this way."

Consumer blackmail never works. Ever.
---
The PS3 and 360 can battle each other over who's breasts look more realistic.
The Wii is all about having fun with them. ~Girl Gamer~
#9h1ryuPosted 8/3/2011 11:19:30 AM(edited)
I don't deny that the story and link are legit, but companies threatening to stop franchises or not release games unless fans buy them, (or their demo which they then decide to cancel), is wrong.
Star Fox has been irrelevant since the Nintendo 64 anyway, as much as the first 2 games were good it's hardly like we're missing out on much anyway.

Also is a rerelease really the best way to gauge interest in a series? On one hand it costs a lot less to produce than a new game and it has a proven track record, on the other hand a good amount of your target audience have already played it and may not want to pay for it again.
---
PSN - Cyber_Pup
#10SkyCrackersPosted 8/3/2011 11:16:56 AM
I won't buy a lazy remake with almost no new content of a game I already own. If this is all the effort Nintendo is willing to put into it, then StarFox can die for all I care.
---
Best 2D Mario game: Mario vs. Donkey Kong.