So I went and bought my pretty console today at Best Buy. (Yes, another topic)

#1nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 11:14:11 AM
I waited like 15 minutes just to get the game guy to be done with some kid and his either Grampa or elderly father to be done with a trade in (cpu was acting up). Then, before I made the purchase asked if the price match policy would apply. He gave me a weird look and was like, "as long as you do it in 30 days." (First he asked me when I bought it, and I was like, "No, I want to buy it now.")

Short story shorter, the guy running the game section did not know about the price drop, or the 20 free games. He asked when the drop was and I told him "August 12, so like next week," to which he replied, "Yeah, it'll work." After I bought it he made sure I knew, "Since you don't have a BB Credit card, or a rewards card, you MUST make sure you keep that receipt, otherwise it's like this never happened."

So, if you're planning on getting a 3DS, or doing the loophole, do it now because there were only 2 blue ones, and 3 black in the store, and they're running low.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#2muse0213Posted 8/3/2011 11:18:49 AM
Sorry, but you're really going to listen to an ignorant employee? I personally would have talked to the manager first, and gotten some sort of guarantee or in writing.
---
"But, Jesus, I noticed at this point, there was only one set of footprints."
"I know, it was at that point that I rode the dinosaur"
#3nintendogger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 11:20:18 AM
Good point, good thing it is in writing, in their policies. Which, I'm sure should the time come, I would be able to find.
---
3DS, I have you now. :)
Proud female gamer.
#4Xcon3Posted 8/3/2011 11:20:45 AM
It will work...

It's just not smart business otherwise...

What is better for a business?

A happy customer and a sale of $170.00?

OR

A angry customer, a returned (no longer able to be sold for full retail) handheld, and no sale at all?
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#5muse0213Posted 8/3/2011 11:23:38 AM
I'm not here to argue whether it will work or not, just that I would not assume anything and it's best to cover your bases.
---
"But, Jesus, I noticed at this point, there was only one set of footprints."
"I know, it was at that point that I rode the dinosaur"
#6CthulhuforpresPosted 8/3/2011 11:24:34 AM
In the end, this is exactly what Nintendo wanted - more 3DS sales.

I bet they couldn't care less about the loophole. How many people have gone out, this week, to buy a 3DS?
---
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
#7nintendogger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 11:27:09 AM
Cthulhuforpres posted...
In the end, this is exactly what Nintendo wanted - more 3DS sales.

I bet they couldn't care less about the loophole. How many people have gone out, this week, to buy a 3DS?

A lot, BB was running low like I said.

^^ And I agree, but I've seen for sure it's in their policies, and like the other person said, I'll return it and buy the cheaper one if they refuse.
---
Proud female gamer.
#8PokeMasterPosted 8/3/2011 11:27:40 AM
nintendogger posted...
Good point, good thing it is in writing, in their policies. Which, I'm sure should the time come, I would be able to find.

Whenever I get a verbal guarantee from an employee, I always make sure to take down a name or initials/signature on the reciept and a date. (Unless of course the name/date is on the receipt).

I work in retail also, and if I tell a customer that 'x is possible', I be sure that they know who told them so if something comes up, I am accountable for it.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton, TotA, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV
VC Games: Super Mario Land, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#9nintendogger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 11:29:28 AM
PokeMaster posted...

Whenever I get a verbal guarantee from an employee, I always make sure to take down a name or initials/signature on the reciept and a date. (Unless of course the name/date is on the receipt).

I work in retail also, and if I tell a customer that 'x is possible', I be sure that they know who told them so if something comes up, I am accountable for it.

Yepp, his name was Christian, and I wore my formfitting dress... so I will not be forgotten XD. Not to mention he told me to use his name if any problems come up. I didn't get it in writing that he helped me... but whatever. Not worried.
---
Proud female gamer.
#10nintendogger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 11:44:43 AM
Is connecting to the internet easier with this system? I had to manually set up my DSi by putting codes and stuff in.
---
Proud female gamer.