Nintendo Will be Making Games Without 3D (And MUCH More!)

#61so64Posted 8/3/2011 5:06:47 PM
JOJ650s posted...
PolluxFrost47 posted...
What I'm getting from this topic, and what I get from this board in general:

Anyone who supports Nintendo in the slightest is just a rabid fanboy. Anyone who says anything against the actual trolls is just a rabid fanboy. Anyone who says anything negative about Nintendo is just a troll.

The 3DS is an utterly failed system that's on the brink of death.

Nintendo has admitted to their mistakes and are rectifying their strategy, showing that they have learned and are listening to the fans. However, none of this matters, according to the naysayers, because Nintendo is bailing out. If they adapt their gameplan, they're failures; however, if they stick to it, they're just sticking to a failed strategy and are, you guessed it, doomed. God forbid a game company actually listen and judge and make adjustments to their gameplan.

Saying games don't need 3D and that some games won't implement 3D, something they admitted to before the console even launched, means they're completely abandoning 3D altogether. This also spells utter doom and people should sell their 3DS' now, because the only thing the 3DS brought to the table was 3D, and not a more powerful system altogether with additional features.

****ing ridiculous.

It's people like you who make people sad!
The system is NOT going to fail.
I don't know why people even want to say such things, and your not helping any one with that post!

I try to follow my sig,
I can only hope people will do the same.

The person you're quoting is using hyperbole to point out how silly people are being by saying the 3DS is going to fail.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#62JOJ650sPosted 8/3/2011 5:18:44 PM
Oh...
Sorry about that.
---
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.
#63mahgah91Posted 8/3/2011 5:20:28 PM
Queen_Rathian posted...
The tl;dr version: Failed gimmick, failed system, enjoy the newest iteration of the DS while we scramble to make a new system that actually brings something to the table.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564
#64MicroOmegaManPosted 8/3/2011 5:23:43 PM
The article does not say that.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#65Shinobi120Posted 8/3/2011 5:29:59 PM(edited)
Queen_Rathian posted...
The tl;dr version: Failed gimmick, failed system, enjoy the newest iteration of the DS while we scramble to make a new system that actually brings something to the table.

thundercat2600 posted...
This is so sad. Nintendo just keeps getting more desperate.

1 year ago:
"OMG it's revolutionary 3D with no glasses!!1 It's so great, we're actually going to put 3D in the console's name and call it the 3DS! Everybody come see it, it's so great! You have to see it in person to see how amazing it is!!!!!"

Today:
"Oh crap. Most people hate the 3D effect or are indifferent at best. The only good game is a port of a 14-year-old N64 game. Sales are abysmal. Quick, drop the price 30% and tell people we really don't care about the 3D thing anyway!"

Cageblade posted...
I think "some" is understatement.

That article clearly stated that devs are having problems with implementing 3D into games.
I guess at some point 3D games will be marginal and "3D without 3D" will become an ongoing joke.

But I knew it from the start.

Nintendo should've invested in powerful DS2 (without 3D) and just make good games on it.

I agree with all of you. They shouldn't have added in that 3D gimmick feature inside their new handheld in the first place. Now they're starting to see what a failure the 3D feature is.
#66Mario_BonesPosted 8/3/2011 5:27:25 PM
The 3D failed so bad they're going to have to make a new handheld that serves as a DS but more powerful, and even has an analog stick.
Oh wait.
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#67DeathSoul2000Posted 8/4/2011 3:59:36 AM
Mario_Bones posted...
The 3D failed so bad they're going to have to make a new handheld that serves as a DS but more powerful, and even has an analog stick.
Oh wait.

oh yeah its soooo powerful isn't it, it has barely more power than its competitor which came out in 2005, and it even stole its analog stick!
---
Super Nintendo Defender system