3DS Hinge movement

#1Crooked_CapnPosted 8/3/2011 1:27:59 PM
Both my brother and I have a 3DS. They are amazing systems (save for lacking in the game department). I have, however, noticed a fair amount of play in the hinge. For example, if I'm playing and I tilt the 3DS back toward my face the screen falls ever so slightly forward; where as if I tilt it back away from me it falls ever so slightly backward. Both my brother's system and mine does this and the play seems about the same in the two systems.

For a while we dismissed it as a "safety" so the top screen is not broken off so easily. I'm still willing to go with that theory, I just want to make sure this is not a warranty issue that needs to be addressed before better games come out. :)

Does everyone else have this same play in hinge?
#2EmpirorPosted 8/3/2011 1:29:09 PM
Pretty sure everyone has hinge movement. I remember quite a few topics about it :P
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Altima_Frontier/index/ for pogymanz
#3Crooked_Capn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 1:30:57 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to post the same topic again. I missed the previous posts on this topic. Thanks for the feedback!
#4SragentThomPosted 8/3/2011 1:31:07 PM
Christ look like Nintendo can only fixed this by getting rid of the dual screen concept. This problem have been reported at least dating back to the first DS. And what's ironic that people actually like the calm shell design because it protect the screen... While I hear that the 3DS actually scratch the screen when closed HA!
---
Halo fans are like the Zerg. They'll attack in infinite numbers, and will attack anything that is not their own kind.
"Sherardy"
#5Starwars4JPosted 8/3/2011 1:32:38 PM
It was made a little looser so that it wouldn't crack. The reason the DS Lite had such a high rate of hinge fracture is that the hinges were too tight. Of course if the hinges are TOO loose and it's distracting to gameplay you can send it in for repair for free.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6Mariofan15Posted 8/3/2011 1:36:30 PM
SragentThom posted...
Christ look like Nintendo can only fixed this by getting rid of the dual screen concept. This problem have been reported at least dating back to the first DS. And what's ironic that people actually like the calm shell design because it protect the screen... While I hear that the 3DS actually scratch the screen when closed HA!

What problem? This doesnt happen with my 3DS so I'm thinking it's their own fault it does that. And the screen getting scratched? Again,that doesnt happen with me and people are just careless. Take better care of your stuff and everything will be fine.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#7MattperdPosted 8/3/2011 1:38:45 PM(edited)
It's odd. Both my mom and I have 3DS'.

Her hinge doesn't click when open. Mine does.

Her D-pad is stiff, mine is nice and smooth.

Her Stylus and my stylus are different feels.

Her 3D slider isn't slightly loose, mine is.

Her Start, HOME, and Select buttons "click" when pressed, mine don't, as if I just have to touch them for them to react.

It's funny how ours are so different for the same system. At least is really easy to tell whose is whose. XD

Edit: Mine gets slight top screen lines from the bottom screen (Usually cleans off), my mom never got the problem.

Note: We both bought our 3DS' at launch day.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#8nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 1:37:49 PM
SragentThom posted...

Oh yeah, unfortunate things happening are hilarious!!
---
3DS, I have you now. :)
Proud female gamer.
#9nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 1:40:13 PM
Some flaws I've noticed,

1. That stylus, I'm a nail biter, but luckily I have fake nails right now. When they come off I don't know how I'll be able to get it out.
2. Hinge, like TC said.
3. Screen scratching itself (confirmed by many other people).

It does have some flaws, but it's a newer system.
---
3DS, I have you now. :)
Proud female gamer.
#10seb03Posted 8/3/2011 1:52:45 PM
3DS really has been messy when it comes to the build quality. So many inconsistencies. So many different stories from different owners. Half of them will tell you the hinge is meant to move whilst another guy is sending his in to get repaired because of the same issue
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."