3DS Hinge movement

#11305_KingPosted 8/3/2011 2:34:45 PM
Do you think Nintendo purposely made the system's design to be flawed just so they could justify a revision for it?
---
AKA Latino_King
"Don't ask for it. Go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed" -From Eureka 7
#12SShredder565Posted 8/3/2011 2:48:49 PM
Mattperd posted...
It's odd. Both my mom and I have 3DS'.

Her hinge doesn't click when open. Mine does.

Her D-pad is stiff, mine is nice and smooth.

Her Stylus and my stylus are different feels.

Her 3D slider isn't slightly loose, mine is.

Her Start, HOME, and Select buttons "click" when pressed, mine don't, as if I just have to touch them for them to react.

It's funny how ours are so different for the same system. At least is really easy to tell whose is whose. XD

Edit: Mine gets slight top screen lines from the bottom screen (Usually cleans off), my mom never got the problem.

Note: We both bought our 3DS' at launch day.

I've noticed this. They are really inconsistently built. Now, none of these inconsistencies actually affect anything, but it is interesting.

So my two brothers, three friends, and I have 3DS's-
-Some 3DS's have clicky shoulder buttons, some have mushy shoulder buttons, some have a mix
-Some get lines on the top screen, some don't
-Some have a wobbly screen, some don't
-Some click when you open it, some don't
-Circle pad feels different among different systems
-Stiffness of Dpad differs
-Looseness of 3D Slider varies
-Some have the top screen slightly brigher, some have the bottom screen slightly brighter

I could probably go on to list more that aren't off the top of my head. These are all minute things that don't really matter (except for scratch lines on the top screen), but it does make the system feel rather inconsistent.
#13Crooked_Capn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 2:58:55 PM
SShredder565 posted...
Mattperd posted...

I've noticed these issues too!

Sounds like my 3DS is pretty normal. I'm happy now.
#14MattperdPosted 8/3/2011 3:24:26 PM
SShredder565 posted...
Mattperd posted...
It's odd. Both my mom and I have 3DS'.

Her hinge doesn't click when open. Mine does.

Her D-pad is stiff, mine is nice and smooth.

Her Stylus and my stylus are different feels.

Her 3D slider isn't slightly loose, mine is.

Her Start, HOME, and Select buttons "click" when pressed, mine don't, as if I just have to touch them for them to react.

It's funny how ours are so different for the same system. At least is really easy to tell whose is whose. XD

Edit: Mine gets slight top screen lines from the bottom screen (Usually cleans off), my mom never got the problem.

Note: We both bought our 3DS' at launch day.

I've noticed this. They are really inconsistently built. Now, none of these inconsistencies actually affect anything, but it is interesting.

So my two brothers, three friends, and I have 3DS's-
-Some 3DS's have clicky shoulder buttons, some have mushy shoulder buttons, some have a mix
-Some get lines on the top screen, some don't
-Some have a wobbly screen, some don't
-Some click when you open it, some don't
-Circle pad feels different among different systems
-Some have the top screen slightly brigher, some have the bottom screen slightly brighter

I could probably go on to list more that aren't off the top of my head. These are all minute things that don't really matter (except for scratch lines on the top screen), but it does make the system feel rather inconsistent.

Yeah, ours differ in those too, I just didn't want to make a looooong post xD

Her slider is so much better than mine... My finger doesn't slip off hers, but mine it does occasionally. XD
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#15SragentThomPosted 8/3/2011 4:06:58 PM
"Do you think Nintendo purposely made the system's design to be flawed just so they could justify a revision for it?"

No I think there being cheap and not addressing these issues at all. Or just forcing you to buy another one if yours break/dysfunctional.
---
Halo fans are like the Zerg. They'll attack in infinite numbers, and will attack anything that is not their own kind.
"Sherardy"