To all the naysayers: at this point, is there anything Nintendo could do right?

#31SniperNightOwlPosted 8/3/2011 3:35:13 PM
I hate to say this but between burning their true fanbase, going causal with the wii, and the 3ds it seems nintendo has a LOT of fixing to do. Quite a grave they have dug. Oh sure, sure, you will argue they have money- which they do. But if they continue at this rate in the future they'll become the next Sega. Calling it.
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SniperNightOwl
#32blazeUP12Posted 8/3/2011 3:47:13 PM
Killer Instinct 3 for Wii U. EarthBound as Ambassador game. That's about it.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#33Makeveli_livesPosted 8/3/2011 3:59:52 PM
Nintendo needs to release new games. Like brand new, not a 13 year old game with a fresh coat of paint.

They also need to stop charging 40 bucks for a new game when cheaper options exist that normally perform better and have the same, if not more content available for it. Like RE: Mercs, Street Fighter, Super Monkey Ball, Pacman vs Galaga, etc.

---
Pokemon White FC: 2065 0926 8652
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#341stbasemanbeckPosted 8/3/2011 5:02:36 PM
There are things Nintendo could do but won't.

Namely, I want them to stop focusing on gimmicks over gameplay. I'm not saying they've abandoned gameplay or anything, btw. I feel, though, that their philosophy this generation has been to innovate HOW to play the games rather than to innovate WHAT we're playing. They're going to have to change this philosophy in order to ever get me back as a consumer.

Some things they could have done, but if they did them now are too late. For example, the price of the 3DS imo should've been lower, and there should've been games out. Yes, they lowered it now and are offering (old) games, but that's too little too late. Similarly, the Rainfall games should've been released, or, speaking in broader terms, this year's Wii lineup should've been handled better. While it is true that Nintendo could bring out these games, it would be too little too late since the damage has already been done.

All imo of course
---
Support PHYSICAL (not digital) distribution, and keep control of games in the hands of customers. Also, buy the game NIER. It may not be perfect but the music..
#35link_15Posted 8/3/2011 5:36:46 PM(edited)
I'm a huge fan of nintendo but some things need to be done to make the 3ds a much better system in general

1. Stop ignoring online gaming and take it seriously.
2. improve the eShop with better catalogs and more AAA titles and add GBA games support.
3. Do what sony and m$ are doing with online accounts and the purchased game being linked to the account. get rid of friend codes once and for all.
4.improve the backword compatibily with DS games and add more options to it. The filtered graphics piss me off. and the other mode is way too small.
5. folders for home menu.
6.remove the region lock.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/14ocaj4.jpg
#36JP_SartrePosted 8/3/2011 5:39:31 PM
SniperNightOwl posted...
I hate to say this but between burning their true fanbase, going causal with the wii, and the 3ds it seems nintendo has a LOT of fixing to do. Quite a grave they have dug. Oh sure, sure, you will argue they have money- which they do. But if they continue at this rate in the future they'll become the next Sega. Calling it.

Ouch. I was a Sega fanboy. N does seem to be going down that same road. Barring some drastic change in N's direction, I'm forced to agree.
---
"I also care about the people that don't care about not caring. If we get on these boards, we all kinda care."
-Perrywinkle97