Good idea to trade in DSi for 3DS now?

#11SkyCrackersPosted 8/3/2011 3:21:50 PM
Did someone seriously reccommend buying a DSi? Now is a horrible time to do that.
---
Best 2D Mario game: Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
#12Spiffy247Posted 8/3/2011 3:22:01 PM
I love the 3DS because the hardware is great, it has 6 games I enjoy so far (a lot for a new system), I have fun with netflix, the miis are fun to mess around with, and Link's Awakening is still fun.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#13Dark_SilverXPosted 8/3/2011 3:23:40 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
Did someone seriously reccommend buying a DSi? Now is a horrible time to do that.

They still have access to the DSi shop. All is good
---
Wii FC, PSN, XBL, 3DS FC's in profile.
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
#14TrentHawkinsPosted 8/3/2011 3:25:43 PM

Don't get a 3DS, it's a failed system and Nintendo will be dropping all support for it in a few months.

I sold my 3DS to buy a DSi. Best decision of my life.

(This is a sarcastic post for those who can't tell)

Thank goodness you mentioned it was sarcastic. I was about to facepalm so hard my head would have exploded.

For a serious answer, I think it's worth it. You basically get all the DSi is capable and more. Some good games coming up, too.
---
Press button, receive duck. Press button again, receive ductorate.
Don't press button third time. Don't ask why.
#15TheSPPPosted 8/3/2011 3:28:26 PM
Queen_Rathian posted...
DT-Fox posted...
He's not asking whether to get a DSi or a 3DS. He's asking if he should trade in his DSi for a 3DS. :Y

Then why make the topic, just skim the ones around and see how bad the 3DS is and make the informed decision to keep the i and get the last few great DS games (Kirby Mass Attack, Solatorobo, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, etc.)

trolololololo

I'd go for it. You can access DSiWare from the eShop and play any DS games you want, along with whatever new titles you might want.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#16pikachupwnagePosted 8/3/2011 3:30:28 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
Go for it, dood! The 3DS kicks so many asses. And if you have a DS lite, it's great.

this. get 3ds now you won't regret it.
---
Proud 3ds ambassador. Nintendo fan since 2000. Stupid mario bros FTW. member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#17SShredder565Posted 8/3/2011 3:43:54 PM
Queen_Rathian posted...
DT-Fox posted...
He's not asking whether to get a DSi or a 3DS. He's asking if he should trade in his DSi for a 3DS. :Y

Then why make the topic, just skim the ones around and see how bad the 3DS is and make the informed decision to keep the i and get the last few great DS games (Kirby Mass Attack, Solatorobo, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, etc.)

That makes no sense though really..

If he keeps the DSi, he will be able to play Kirby Mass Attack, Solatorobo, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 as you mentioned.

If he trades in for the 3DS, he will be able to play Kirby Mass Attack, Solatorobo, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario 3DS, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdom Hearts: DDD, Rune Factory 4, Heroes of Ruin, Beyond the Labyrinth, etc, and more titles that haven't been announced yet that will be coming out for the next 5 plus years.. unlike with the DSi which will lose support within the next year or so.

Since the 3DS is BC with DS games and DSiware, along with its own exclusive 3DS games, Virtual Console, and 3DSware, there is no advantage to having a DSi over a 3DS at all.. especially after the price drop.
#18toma13Posted 8/3/2011 3:48:09 PM
Dark_SilverX posted...
SkyCrackers posted...

They still have access to the DSi shop. All is good

The 3DS is going to be what, $20 more than a DSi after the price cut. No reason to get a DSi at all anymore really considering the 3DS does everything the DSi can do as well as play upcoming titles that won't work on older hardware... unless losing out on Pictochat bothers you a WHOLE bunch for some reason.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#19JP_SartrePosted 8/3/2011 3:52:00 PM
Since I already have a DSi and with the design flaws and lack of 3rd party support so far, I'd say NO. Since I have a huge DS backlog, I can wait for the 3DS to fail and catch the next Nintendo hand held. If none, there's always Sony.
---
"I also care about the people that don't care about not caring. If we get on these boards, we all kinda care."
-Perrywinkle97
#20IamDodongoPosted 8/3/2011 6:19:05 PM
The 3DS isn't going to fail. It's actually way better than a DSi in every way.

People are just circlejerking over this price drop thing.