How much more is Nintendo supposed to do?

#1sejan12Posted 8/3/2011 8:27:42 PM
Why are people complaining so much about the Nintendo Ambassador program? Remember, you willingly payed $250 for a system knowing the current and upcoming software titles. You found it to be a good enough investment to drop that sort of money. For whatever reason, Nintendo decided the system was not priced correctly and decided to adjust.

With that in mind, let us consider everything Nintendo has done to try to make this right:
1. Nintendo offers 20 free games. Like it or not, they are free. Nintendo did not have to do give anything at all. I have never received anything before when a system's price dropped. Why is it that when they offer something ($100+ worth of something) that everyone complains about it. They cannot offer free 3DS games because they cannot give away something that is not theirs (other company's products). The goal is to offer a bonus without hurting them any more financially than they have to. Besides, if they gave a 3DS game, people would still complain about it. Remember when Xbox 360s ate discs (because people were dumb enough to move their consoles while discs were spinning) and everyone complained when they were given a copy of Perfect dark. Yes, I already have all the NES games for the original hardware, but even so, it is more than they had to do. Even then, I don't have them on this hardware. Taking Mario with me to go is a bonus.

2. Nintendo offers a letter of apology. This is a bigger deal than most people think. Games may be a bribe to buy us back, but an apology shows that they are trying to make this right at least. To me, an apology means more than anything else they have done.

3. Nintendo punishes their leaders for their faults. Nintendo severely cut the pay of many of their biggest leaders. Again this shows the seriousness of the situation. They wanted to make sure the people that made mistakes would not repeat them.

With everything they have done, what more can they do. They can't give away what they don't have (other people's products i.e. free 3ds games).
---
MHT Name - Sejan
MHT ID - ZJNHFY (US)
#2yabPosted 8/3/2011 8:34:22 PM
Well I agree, but the fact that you felt you had to make a thread to restate this means that the people who are still mad didn't read it before and aren't going to read it again.

But if you want to rehash this, I've heard people ask for eshop credit or free Mario Kart 7, etc.
---
#3RelevenPosted 8/3/2011 8:46:33 PM
TC, while I agree with you 120%... and even more if that was possible, you just have to face the facts here.

1. Gamefaqs is made up mostly of a community of children who are either under 21 and act like it, or are over 21 but still live with their parents and act like children anyway.

2. The gamefaqs community, hell, most gamers in general lately just love to complain about ANYTHING... even if it doesn't make sense.

3. Most people lately also refuse to take responisbility over their own stupidity and will blame others rather than simply just be embarassed for 5 minutes.

Everything you said TC is true, and in my opinion, Nintendo has done more than they should have. Sony wouldn't do half this much. M$ wouldn't even acknowlege it. It's not the first time a console has recieved a large price cut inside of a year (see PS2 in JPN), but it's the first time that people are so childish as to complain out of "the fact Nintendo tricked them out of $80."

...Even typing that just feels stupid. $80... It's 80 dollars, not a months pay. Hell, here in JPN we have a 10,000 yen price cut, which is almost $130USD. Seriously, this crap is pathetic. If $80 is too much, you guys really need to quit gaming.
#4w00dm4nPosted 8/3/2011 8:48:06 PM
dont worry,a year from now ppl will be complaining about lack of 3rd party support because Nintendo's games dominate in sales with mario Kart and Mario 3d...
#5MattperdPosted 8/3/2011 8:50:05 PM
Angry Devil posted...
dont worry,a year from now ppl will be complaining about lack of 3rd party support because Nintendo's games dominate in sales with mario Kart and Mario 3d...

Everything you hear being complained about the 3DS, will transfer to the Wii U boards in a year on its release. It'll be back.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#6RelevenPosted 8/3/2011 8:58:35 PM
^Good call!

Sadly, I could really see that happening too.
Probably before that there will be a brief period of bashing Vita too, cause, you know. Anything new sucks... because it's... new. New consoles never have the same huge libraries that their predecessors do too, and the launch line up sucks because, again 8 new games aren't enough. We need the 3000 titles that the last one had... ugh, seriously, I think humanity as a species is getting dumber as time goes on... or maybe that's just the Gamefaqs community.
#7nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 9:00:31 PM(edited)
Nintendo obviously needs to start disappointing more of its fans like Sony does every day.
---
3DS, I have you now. :)
Proud female gamer.
#8Grandy12Posted 8/3/2011 9:05:24 PM
Releven posted...
TC, while I agree with you 120%... and even more if that was possible, you just have to face the facts here.

1. Gamefaqs is made up mostly of a community of children who are either under 21 and act like it, or are over 21 but still live with their parents and act like children anyway.

2. The gamefaqs community, hell, most gamers in general lately just love to complain about ANYTHING... even if it doesn't make sense.

3. Most people lately also refuse to take responisbility over their own stupidity and will blame others rather than simply just be embarassed for 5 minutes.

Everything you said TC is true, and in my opinion, Nintendo has done more than they should have. Sony wouldn't do half this much. M$ wouldn't even acknowlege it. It's not the first time a console has recieved a large price cut inside of a year (see PS2 in JPN), but it's the first time that people are so childish as to complain out of "the fact Nintendo tricked them out of $80."

...Even typing that just feels stupid. $80... It's 80 dollars, not a months pay. Hell, here in JPN we have a 10,000 yen price cut, which is almost $130USD. Seriously, this crap is pathetic. If $80 is too much, you guys really need to quit gaming.

It's funny because I'm 21, live with my parents, and defend Nintendo.

Great backfiring insult.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006