Operation Moonfall: I'm surprised a got an e-mail response

#1fallenKlNGPosted 8/3/2011 7:37:51 PM
As an Operation Moonfall supporter, I decided to take the 2 minutes to sign the petition and send an e-mail to Nintendo of America. I copy/pasted the same e-mail as this guy suggested (with some personal tweaks): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/59851485

Here's the response I got:

==============================================================================
"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. We appreciate the enthusiasm of our Zelda fans! I wanted to let you know that your comments have been documented and reported to the relevant departments here at Nintendo.

At the risk of dampening the excitement you feel, I must be clear that no official announcements have been made regarding a remake of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask for the Nintendo 3DS. However, we like hearing what our consumers find important.

We hope you continue to enjoy the Nintendo 3DS and all the great titles currently available or on their way. Keep checking our website (http://www.nintendo.com) for all the latest news and information.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
M. Michel Grimaldi"

==============================================================================

Although this doesn't mean we'll get MM 3D (I don't understand why everyone says it's inevitable at this point), I'm happy I at least got a reply. Discuss, and before you flame me, just let me say that at least I didn't make another topic complaining about the Ambassador games or the price drop.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing!
#2nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 7:39:49 PM
Is it just me or does Nintendo actually take the time to have good customer support? (compared to other game companies/companies in general).
---
3DS, I have you now. :)
Proud female gamer.
#3SoaringDivePosted 8/3/2011 7:40:21 PM
I don't understand why everyone says it's inevitable at this point

Because Nintendo likes $$$.
Majora's Mask would cost so little to make (since they can just take things from OoT3D)
???
Moar profit than OoT3D was

inb4doingitwrong
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#4fallenKlNG(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 7:45:01 PM
SoaringDive posted...
Majora's Mask would cost so little to make (since they can just take things from OoT3D)
???
Moar profit than OoT3D was

inb4doingitwrong

Well, I hope you're right. Right now, I still get the feeling that Nintendo would rather forgo MM and just make a new Zelda, which wouldn't be bad but I'd just prefer MM first.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing!
#5Bridge_HansonPosted 8/3/2011 7:49:44 PM
nintendogger posted...
Is it just me or does Nintendo actually take the time to have good customer support? (compared to other game companies/companies in general).

They really do. I've never had nothing but good experiences with any issues I've had with them. They get back to me quicker than Microsoft and actually try to answer my questions instead of getting a reply that feels like an automated response.
---
From: ghettorevival | Posted: 3/14/2011 6:30:15 PM | #006
Rocky Maiviasatellite?
#6DiscomasterPosted 8/3/2011 7:50:14 PM

Assuming it would sell. Granted, Majora's Mask is a great game, but not as many people liked it as they did OoT.
#7theshovellerPosted 8/3/2011 8:06:44 PM
Why does everyone name these things Operation (Something's Falling)? I say they name the next one Project Seamonkey-Spawning. Much better, and it just rolls off the tongue.
#8nintendoggerPosted 8/3/2011 8:07:29 PM
Because the moon falls in MM...
---
3DS, I have you now. :)
Proud female gamer.
#9Soanevalcke6Posted 8/3/2011 8:08:24 PM
It's named "Moonfall" because that's the entire plot of Majora's Mask.
---
HurrDurr, I'm a Megaman!
#10raymanfan1Posted 8/3/2011 8:10:06 PM
I sent a email too, and I got this EXACT SAME RESPONSE.
---
Hey, you, your humanity, decency, and rational thinking are showing.
PUT THAT AWAY. It's not allowed here.