Should I be excited for Mario Kart 7?

#1Blair68000Posted 8/4/2011 12:09:12 AM
Right now, I've got no 3DS games to anticipate until Paper Mario or Luigi's Mansion 2. The easiest game for me to look forward to is Mario Kart. Problem is, unlike most people I don't have a huge investment in this series. I've played the Wii version with friends and a bit of the SNES one as a kid, and that's about it. What's there to be excited about with MK7? I hear coins are returning. That sounds like a good start, will add a bit of neat strategy to the races, maybe? I know about the new vehicles too, obviously. Not sure how deeply those will affect gameplay.

What about tracks. Have we heard about how many old/new tracks there will be? I don't particularly enjoy the angle-y tracks of the retro days, so I hope there aren't many of the SNES/GBA tracks.
---
Go and buy a new PS3 game and a new 360 game and I challenge you to smell them and tell me which is best. -- Gietzy
#2NarutoPosted 8/4/2011 12:12:49 AM
You should be excited for Super Mario 3D Land.
#3Blair68000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 12:17:01 AM
Super Mario 3D Land is disappointing as hell after the brilliance of SMG2. No thank you.
---
Go and buy a new PS3 game and a new 360 game and I challenge you to smell them and tell me which is best. -- Gietzy
#4CatToyPosted 8/4/2011 12:17:56 AM
I quit being excited for Mario Kart after 64. It's beyond me how anyone can find that rubber band hell to be enjoyable.
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
#5KaiserKanePosted 8/4/2011 1:01:52 AM
How can you say SM3DLand is disappointing as hell?
1. The game isn't out yet.
2. It doesn't need to be like the galaxy games.
#6Jrx1Posted 8/4/2011 1:08:01 AM
lol if you don't like any Mario then why get a 3DS
#7baconcow1812Posted 8/4/2011 2:06:05 AM
CatToy posted...
I quit being excited for Mario Kart after 64. It's beyond me how anyone can find that rubber band hell to be enjoyable.

Mario Kart DS did not have the rubber band speed mechanism in it like the others after Mario Kart 64. The usual item lottery still exists (worse rank gets better item), but this is something from the beginning (SMK).
---
"the hell!?"
#8Skul_Posted 8/4/2011 3:06:28 AM
Jrx1 posted...
lol if you don't like any Mario then why get a 3DS

Becuase theres more than just mario.
---
Newest Game: FE: Radiant Dawn Wishlist: 3DS, SSFIV3D, Zelda:OOT3D, Ghost Recon: SW, Zelda Skyward Sword.
I like pie. With sauce on it.
#9panama_chiefPosted 8/4/2011 6:32:43 AM
baconcow posted...
Mario Kart DS did not have the rubber band speed mechanism in it like the others after Mario Kart 64. The usual item lottery still exists (worse rank gets better item), but this is something from the beginning (SMK).

...but you werent able to get blue shelled back to back, then hit by a passing guy with a star in SMK.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#10VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 6:36:57 AM
overclocked is my first must have 3ds game and its coming in less than 20 days
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue