3DS has holiday season all to itself,PS Vita not hitting till 2012 in usa/eur

#1QuinnandGoblinPosted 8/4/2011 2:28:31 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-04-vita-out-in-europe-and-us-early-next-year

I'd say with that soon to be sorted price drop, and the entire holiday season 2011 to itself, and with games like mario kart 7, super mario 3dland hitting in time for xmas, the 3DS is going to get a huge boost of sales this xmas.

PS Vita i'm gonna guess and say march 2012, can't see sony going january or feb, but i guess its good as i can have some new tech to look forward to in the new year now lol.
#2VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 2:29:41 AM
if nintendo screws this up now its there own fault
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#3paulinkPosted 8/4/2011 2:31:02 AM
Ooh man, that's going to crunch my wallet. Wii u and Ps Vita back to back? Not cool.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#4SB_Posted 8/4/2011 2:46:16 AM
I'll be rooting for Nintendo on this one, since this holiday season seems to be the deciding factor on alot of their investors sticking around, as well as third party support on the 3DS. Hopefully this news, coupled with the price drop, will light a few fires under some devs on the fence and maybe get us some extra games for the holiday rush?
---
Phantasy Star Zero - 2235 8554 8529
3DS Friend Code - 0989 1886 2844
#5megarodanPosted 8/4/2011 2:48:35 AM
That's fine with me, gives me enough time to save up for it.
I'm okay with having both handheld consoles, so this is great news to me.
---
3DS Friend Code : 0130-1906-1945
#6VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 2:51:36 AM
Masked Man posted...
I'll be rooting for Nintendo on this one, since this holiday season seems to be the deciding factor on alot of their investors sticking around, as well as third party support on the 3DS. Hopefully this news, coupled with the price drop, will light a few fires under some devs on the fence and maybe get us some extra games for the holiday rush?

Well so far its sonic generations ( best version), shinobi, tales of the abyss ( first time for europe), mario kart, mario land 3ds, kid icarus, pokemon rumble and rocket slime 3 ( japan), ff rhythm ( japan)

thats not a bad lineup...........
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#7QuinnandGoblin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 2:53:27 AM
megarodan posted...
That's fine with me, gives me enough time to save up for it.
I'm okay with having both handheld consoles, so this is great news to me.

yeh same, i own a ds original, ds lite, psp 1000 and psp 3000, so this just means something to look forward to next year for new shiny hardware.

On the other hand, this does bode well for nintendo, allowing a years head start, the entire christmas season to itself (as far as "new handheld" hardware goes) with a lot of momentum titles wise by xmas and likely resident evil revelations/mgs in the new year, all with the backing of this major price drop.
#8xCha0sPosted 8/4/2011 3:01:43 AM(edited)
3DS has the worst version of Sonic Generations, whatre ya talkin about? also shinobido for ps vita looks infinitely better than shinobi for 3DS IMO.
#9SB_Posted 8/4/2011 3:00:28 AM
True, Nintendo has a pretty rockin lineup this holiday for the system, and the price drop is just going to sweeten the deal. Only thing that can really go better is if they suddenly announce a drop on the games from $40 >$30 like DS, but that's probably getting too hopeful by this point, though I think that's the last barrier that has people shying away from the system at this point...
---
Phantasy Star Zero - 2235 8554 8529
3DS Friend Code - 0989 1886 2844
#10VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 3:03:35 AM
xCha0s posted...
3DS has the worst version of Sonic Generations, whatre ya talkin about? also shinobido for ps vita looks infinitely better than shinobi for 3DS IMO.

I am talking about the fact that all console sonic games stink and they actually put the good team gameplay wise on the handhelds.........

And way to compare different games from different companies my man
---