3DS has holiday season all to itself,PS Vita not hitting till 2012 in usa/eur

#21VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 6:10:45 AM
sonic battle bombed in sales and reviews didnt it?
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#22mcsmellingtonPosted 8/4/2011 6:13:47 AM
Yeah lol, I really don't know why. I loved it, it was cool taking bits of other characters to make your own custom fighter. Do 3D Sonic games sell well? I can't see why else they still make them.

In all honesty, I wouldn't really care if Sonic got retired. I know he's an iconic mascot, but his games haven't been great for a good long while now. Instead of dragging his name through the mud, they should let him die in peace.
---
GT: McPoo
#23LHS_2012Posted 8/4/2011 6:22:53 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Well so far its sonic generations ( best version)
A watered down port of a game that's going to be lacking the same kind of levels and gameplay as the console versions doesn't qualify as the best version by any means.

Look out irony, I think "port" officially crossed the " Internet's most misused words" line.
---
Just look at all those Whos down at Whoville, singing, dancing, enjoying their games! ~ Grandy12
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#24VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 6:25:17 AM(edited)
mcsmellington posted...
Yeah lol, I really don't know why. I loved it, it was cool taking bits of other characters to make your own custom fighter. Do 3D Sonic games sell well? I can't see why else they still make them.

In all honesty, I wouldn't really care if Sonic got retired. I know he's an iconic mascot, but his games haven't been great for a good long while now. Instead of dragging his name through the mud, they should let him die in peace.

Why does ea keep making call of duty? or mario games for nintendo? or halo for microsoft?

When you have a recognizable franchise you hold onto it like grim death quality be damned sometimes
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#25VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 6:25:47 AM
LHS_2012 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
Well so far its sonic generations ( best version)
A watered down port of a game that's going to be lacking the same kind of levels and gameplay as the console versions doesn't qualify as the best version by any means.

Look out irony, I think "port" officially crossed the " Internet's most misused words" line.

Only the first level is exactly the same.

90 percent of sonic generations 3ds is brand new content
---
#26toma13Posted 8/4/2011 6:30:03 AM
Isn't this exactly what happened with the original PSP? History sure does like repeating itself. Skipping Christmas and waiting for hype to die off in the countries where Christmas actually matters might not be the best move. We've already seen that a spring launch wasn't exactly the best idea for the 3DS. A simultaneous worldwide launch in November would have been ideal.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#27VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 6:31:12 AM
toma13 posted...
Isn't this exactly what happened with the original PSP? History sure does like repeating itself. Skipping Christmas and waiting for hype to die off in the countries where Christmas actually matters might not be the best move. We've already seen that a spring launch wasn't exactly the best idea for the 3DS. A simultaneous worldwide launch in November would have been ideal.

the psp did fine in the states in march
---
#28KazereiPosted 8/4/2011 3:46:36 PM
Aww, shucks. I wish Sony would launch the Vita in North America first (where the PSP is dead), instead of in Japan (where the PSP is still very strong).

Nintendo better own this holiday season.