"The last launch sucked, so it's okay for this launch to suck too."

#1SF_BahaPosted 8/4/2011 2:56:52 AM
Why do so many people seemingly think this way?
#2VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 2:58:34 AM
because thats how it was if you recall.

Every writer was saying the same thing
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#3SF_Baha(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 2:59:28 AM
And that improves things in the present time... how?
#4mcsmellingtonPosted 8/4/2011 3:03:00 AM
If anything, I think Nintendo took a step backwards by not releasing a system selling piece of software with the 3DS.
---
GT: McPoo
#5VampiricDragon_Posted 8/4/2011 3:06:04 AM(edited)
it doesnt but people shouldnt be acting shocked.........

The last good launch in my view from nintendo was the gba.

The price cut goes into effect in japan august 11th the same day as pokemon rumble. I think that will be the start of something wild
#6Big_IsaacPosted 8/4/2011 3:06:38 AM
SF_Baha posted...
Why do so many people seemingly think this way?

people play it up as though the 3DS had the worst launch ever. this simply isn't true. system launches generally suck, so there's no point in getting mad at 1 specific launch
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#7SF_Baha(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 3:11:09 AM
Problems shouldn't be considered more acceptable the more widespread they are. What sense does that make?
#8SShredder565Posted 8/4/2011 3:25:41 AM
I think when people bring up the last launch sucking, they are trying to prove that the 3DS's future isn't hopeless just because of a bad launch because the DS had an amazing library and a bad launch. I don't think they are trying to justify the launch that way, but the potential future of the system.

A good launch was especially important now though. Because economic times are tougher, 3rd party devs won't waste big projects on a system that doesn't have a userbase. Because economic times are tougher, consumers won't waste money on a system that doesn't have big projects on it. Just one new Nintendo first party game at launch could have solved the problem IMO.
#9TalicusPosted 8/4/2011 4:14:49 AM
Every time I hear peple compain about the 3ds launch I think back of when i bought a ps2. Im not sure about the US launch, but the EU launch of the 3ds was infinitely better than the ps2 launch.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.
#10skytravelerPosted 8/4/2011 4:46:14 AM
Yeah, the PS2 launch was not good.
---
I hate affirmation threads and I'm not interested in knowing who agrees with me.