Sounds like we're only getting 5 games on 9/1

#1nofxcrackerPosted 8/4/2011 5:21:34 AM
I got a spot pass notification from Nintendo today, in which it says
"Starting Sept. 1, Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES Virtual Console games at no charge and before they are available to the public. These games, including Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Jr., Balloon Fight, ice Climber and the Legend of Zelda are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Later in the year, once the paid versions of the games are available in the Nintendo eShop, Ambassadors can download any of the remaining games or any of the updated versions at no cost.
... " [italics are mine]

So this makes it sound like they're only going to have 5 games ready on Sep. 1st and will have the rest up at a later time. Who knows, maybe they'll have all 10 ready to go and they just have it worded weirdly.
---
PSN: tracebustin XBOX: tracebustain
3DS: 0602 6268 7620 -tracebusta
#2Shadowmaster_MPosted 8/4/2011 5:24:53 AM
nofxcracker posted...
Starting Sept. 1, Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES Virtual Console games at no charge and before they are available to the public.

I don't think so. It says 10 free games starting September 1st., which would seem to mean that all 10 will be there starting September 1st.
---
Das Feuer liebt mich.
Das Feuer liebt mich nicht.
#3nofxcracker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 5:27:44 AM
I hope so, it just seems worded in a way to give them an "out" if they don't have the 10 games ready. They could point to that and say "Hey, we said you could start downloading the 10 games on the 1st, and then download the rest later."
---
#4xoftheuniversePosted 8/4/2011 5:29:05 AM
i didn't get a spotpass....
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#5Foshy_teh_n00bPosted 8/4/2011 5:29:39 AM
I don't understand why they can't just release all the games on 9/1. It's not like they have to work, they just put some ROMs online.
#6trenkenPosted 8/4/2011 5:39:55 AM
xoftheuniverse posted...
i didn't get a spotpass....

I never get them so dont feel bad. It doesnt work on my 3DS. No Idea why, it doesnt really matter to me. I get all my info here anyway.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#7nikowwfPosted 8/4/2011 5:52:42 AM
We won't be getting everything day 1. Part of the purpose of this is to get us on the ESHOP over time. The rate of users logging onto the E-Shop is too low and they want us to get in the habit of regularly logging on. So we are going to get games over time slowly until the end of the year.
#8nofxcracker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 6:40:59 AM
nikowwf posted...
We won't be getting everything day 1. Part of the purpose of this is to get us on the ESHOP over time. The rate of users logging onto the E-Shop is too low and they want us to get in the habit of regularly logging on. So we are going to get games over time slowly until the end of the year.

That makes sense. It's annoying as hell, but smart on their part.
---
#9nimerjm37Posted 8/4/2011 6:53:35 AM
I hope so, it just seems worded in a way to give them an "out" if they don't have the 10 games ready. They could point to that and say "Hey, we said you could start downloading the 10 games on the 1st, and then download the rest later."

Anyone with any background in PR or media knew right away what the wording of the press release/notification meant. You guys are EXACTLY right; that kind of language is built into nearly every press release concerning an upcoming item, event or property. That way, if the do miss the date, the "weasel out" clause is already innocuosly built into their original statement. This kind of thing happens hundreds, if not hundreds of thousands, times a day across all the globe's industries.

I hope Nintendo is able to pull everything together buy the 1st, but the ENTIRE REASON the press release/notification is worded specificlly like that is to give them an out.

No one else here has any media or PR background?! No one else knows about this kind of stuff? I can't be the only one on this site...
---
Dragon Ball Z tattoo sleeve: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/nimerjm/JasonTattoo1.jpg
Think you're the biggest DBZ fan? You're wrong.
#10nofxcracker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 7:38:00 AM
nimerjm37 posted...
No one else here has any media or PR background?! No one else knows about this kind of stuff? I can't be the only one on this site...

I don't, but I do enjoy reading the fine print on everything and trying to decipher what they really mean.
---