Maybe they should delay Wii U, concentrate on 3ds only for a bit ?

#1crazybotPosted 8/4/2011 5:35:55 AM
I think we are gonna see a NIntendo rethinking the Wii U. Not getting rid of the idea, but maybe changing it here and there. But I am thinking they should delay it;s release, get the company focusing on the 3ds only for awhile. Get it into a healthy place. Then worry about the future console. I'd put 3ds development the highest priority at Nintendo.
#2greensacsPosted 8/4/2011 6:19:28 AM
Exactly what I have been saying. We won't be seeing the WiiU as soon as nintendo planned. Maybe even a name change is in the future. All I know is the 3ds will make big n think in a different way.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.6
#319061980Posted 8/4/2011 6:24:59 AM
Name change, possibly. But they can't afford to let the Wii flounder for much longer. If anything it should come out almost immediatly after the last good Wii game comes out (I can't remember which comes first, Zelda or Kirby?).
#4MarioFanaticXVPosted 8/4/2011 6:55:57 AM
At this point, portables have reached a state of advancement that I wouldn't really care if they stopped making home consoles.
---
Dynasty Warriors 5 w/Xtreme Legends Progress:
Lv20 common items: 7/10 Rare items: 29/29 Final Weapons: 32/48
#5baconcow1812Posted 8/4/2011 7:04:31 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
At this point, portables have reached a state of advancement that I wouldn't really care if they stopped making home consoles.

I agree. I love playing my 360, but I get far more enjoyment and time with my DS/DS Lite/DSi/3DS. I never would buy more than 1 version of a console unless it broke, but I am always willing to keep up-to-date with handhelds... every since the original Game Boy. I am not much for graphics, or I would just play PC games.
---
"the hell!?"
#6mcsmellingtonPosted 8/4/2011 7:15:21 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...

I'm the opposite, I couldn't do without my Xbox and Live :p

I bought the 3DS, but I think I've just grown tired of handhelds, they no longer interest me much.
---
GT: McPoo
#7hyrulelslPosted 8/4/2011 7:19:23 AM
baconcow posted...
MarioFanaticXV posted...

I agree. I love playing my 360, but I get far more enjoyment and time with my DS/DS Lite/DSi/3DS. I never would buy more than 1 version of a console unless it broke, but I am always willing to keep up-to-date with handhelds... every since the original Game Boy. I am not much for graphics, or I would just play PC games.

I go where the JRPGs are so I agree too.
---
Endless Nameless
#8DiscomasterPosted 8/4/2011 7:20:18 AM
Nintendo needs to focus on pretty much everything right now. If they were to delay Wii U, they need Wii games to fill in the gap. They got Zelda and Kirby... and nothing else for the next year. Plenty of 3DS games on the way, tho, to be fair. More VC on all platforms would be nice as well, and they could be coming down a lot faster. I can't believe all these years have passed and I still can't buy DK64 on the Wii VC, and the 3DS VC is coming together at a snails pace, not to mention limiting the GBA VC to 10 titles exclusive to 3DS Ambassadors? Something just isn't right lately.
#9Maxx_the_SlashPosted 8/4/2011 7:35:43 AM
The Wii is on a decline. It's pretty much not making any money for Nintendo right now. Nintendo needs new console to bring in revenue. They can't depend on a handheld to do that while the competition has a powerhouse console.

So, the Wii U needs to come out sooner rather than later.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 202/Sirius 197 (THE VIRUS)
XBL - Maxx the Slash | PSN - Maxx_the_Slash