Does anyone have an actual link that shows Best Buy's policy about price drops?

#1ZiggiStardustPosted 8/4/2011 10:31:44 AM
I've seen some blog postings, but none of them actually detail the 30-day price-drop policy everyone is talking about. I've tried to search for it myself but haven't found it.

I know I'm being paranoid, I'd just kinda like to read it before doing it, y'know?
---
I have very petite feet. Some people tell me that they're not sure if it's a man or a woman coming down the hall. I've been told I have a very feminine step.
#2ZiggiStardust(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 10:49:19 AM
Aaaaaand this is what worries me...
---
I have very petite feet. Some people tell me that they're not sure if it's a man or a woman coming down the hall. I've been told I have a very feminine step.
#3Cranman1982Posted 8/4/2011 10:54:15 AM
most stores only match for 7 days. not a month. the return policy is a month. not a price match
#4Cranman1982Posted 8/4/2011 10:56:00 AM
even then now that i think about it. the return for hardware i think is only 14 days. and once again; that's the return policy, not the price match policy.

So sure you could return the hardware, but they aren't going to resell it to you at a cheaper price, they'll make you go get a new system. Then you still won't have access to the twenty free games because they are tied to the system you logged on with.

I don't know why everyone thinks they will get some loophole. They are confusing the return policy with a price match policy. its apples to oranges.
#5ZiggiStardust(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 11:08:53 AM
Okay, a price match policy, return policy, whatever. The policy everyone is planning to use when they get their money back on the 12th. I still have yet to see a link outlining the actual policy.
---
#6Cranman1982Posted 8/4/2011 11:33:56 AM
trust me ziggi. they are going to get burned. just wait for the price drop and get one then. everyone thinking they will "beat" the system will be in for a rude awakening. I don't care what they do one way or another, but i've already outlined why its not going to work
#7kyomagiPosted 8/4/2011 11:48:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8toma13Posted 8/4/2011 11:56:28 AM
Here's Future Shop's price guarantee. This is the same company as Best Buy in Canada.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/our-retail-store-policies/hc8077.aspx?path=1bb4ba90ece58d72b4b62762e477d227en06?HelpCategoryId=&HelpTitleId=HC8077&ReferringPageTitle=Help%20Search%20Results%20-%20Future%20Shop

Scroll down about half way:

If our own price is reduced in the last 30 days*:

Present us with a copy of our original invoice.
We will refund you the difference between the purchase price and the current price.

I know it works as I have personally done it before when a TV I bought went on sale.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#9ZiggiStardust(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 11:57:07 AM
AWESOME! Thank you, kyomagi! I'm getting my shiny new 3DS after work today! SUCCESS!
---
#10joshmck12Posted 8/4/2011 12:19:37 PM
i work at best buy. the price match/return policy on a 3ds is 30 days. if they wont price match it for whatever reason make a scene and/or return it and rebuy
---
i miss being joshmck12