Instead of the 20 games we should just get 80$ in eshop credit

#1joeyxxxx4Posted 8/4/2011 11:43:35 AM
I mean I am kinda excited for the games but I can play all of those games on my phone for free, and I think just giving us 80$ in eshop credit would just be way smarter I think so we can choose whatever we want
---
3DS Friend Code: 1762 - 2686 - 2100
#2toma13Posted 8/4/2011 11:45:10 AM
I know I'd rather $80 in credit instead of $130-$150 worth of high quality free stuff.
Or not.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#3FoofyheadPosted 8/4/2011 11:45:56 AM
Yeah............
---
A man should smell of sweat, not flowers.
--Selmy Barristan
#4KorlithielPosted 8/4/2011 11:46:12 AM
$80 in store credit would probably cost Nintendo more money, since they then would have to reimburse third parties for game sales. I'm not saying I wouldn't appreciate $80 in credit more, or even better just a refund of $50, but neither of those is cheaper or creates the same loyalty from the general consumer.

So I can understand why Nintendo is taking the route it is. Personally I'm fine with it, added value for something I bought seems good.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#5theshovellerPosted 8/4/2011 11:48:21 AM
I agree with the $80 credit thing - I'm not going to probably ever play Donkey Kong Jr. or Balloon Fight, and would rather pick up... say, Download Title X that appeals to me more. Still, beggars can't be choosers, and at least we're getting something out of it. I could stand to play through Fusion again.

I wouldn't say this is $150's worth of high-quality stuff, though - they're probably planning on selling the NES games at $3 or $4 each, and the GBA games, if they ever bring them to the market, at about $6 or $7 each. Probably an $80 value if we had to buy them separately from their e-shop.
#6Starwars4JPosted 8/4/2011 11:48:37 AM
joeyxxxx4 posted...
I can play all of those games on my phone for free

I am interested to hear how you can do this legally. I had no idea there was a Metroid Fusion made for phones
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7Adelle_The_CatPosted 8/4/2011 11:49:25 AM
This topic was obviously not well though-through.
#8pnututPosted 8/4/2011 11:50:43 AM
If Nintendo gave $80 credit for eShop games, it would only be for the games they own. Sorry, but that is how the world spins.
---
What did I do now?
#9Chaze_the_chatPosted 8/4/2011 11:53:12 AM
http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/oh-look-its-that-topic-again.jpg
---
Official Shelly De Killer of the Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban Board
http://forums.poliwager.net Awesome Site
#10elheberPosted 8/4/2011 12:37:33 PM
This would be quite expensive for Nintendo. On the plus side, it would boost third party eShop sales which would gain loyalty with publishers of eShop wares. Still, very expensive for Ninty so I understand why they didn't go this route.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."