Hey guys, I gotta get thing of my chest...

#21TheSPPPosted 8/4/2011 6:14:53 PM
LordAndrew posted...
Alpha88eclipse posted...
I think all these games are direct ports unless stated otherwise by nintendo. Besides adding levels would cost more money so most likely not.

The levels already exist, and I understand that they've always been on the cartridge. The issue is implementing the e-Reader to make them accessible, which they will surely not bother to do.

Simple solution: Make Mario Advanced 4 a 3D classic and have all of the e-reader levels be unlocked with play coins.

Done.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#22jayman7Posted 8/4/2011 7:03:02 PM
http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Advance_4_e-Cards

Note: Due to the discontinuation of the e-Reader, newer copies of the game do not come with cards, although the game itself is still compatible with the e-Reader.

And as I said before, why bother taking the functionality out for a re-release on the same system? (Localization is another matter.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#23strongo9Posted 8/4/2011 7:07:38 PM
Not true, certain changes may be made to make the e-reader levels and maybe even powerups from the cards accessable if the game is released on the vc.
Why do I think this? The answer lies in Link's Awakening DX. It's a very subtle thing but if you attempt to press "Print" when viewing the pictures in the album, it doesn't even give an error message of no printer connected (I'm pretty sure it used to do that if that was the case)
If they do decide to release mario advanced 4 (and they may not since they have a perfectly playable NES original version of this game) then they have plenty to work with. Who knows? it may even implement play coins somehow.

You just proved my point that the games are direct ports of the original. The pictures and ability to print were still there, but you can't do anything with them. Super Mario Advance would include the option to scan the cards and everything but you wouldn't be able to do anything with it.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#24KayubePosted 8/4/2011 7:11:34 PM
Yeah, the fact that they completely took out references to a feature in Link's Awakening DX doesn't really make a good analogy for them putting in an alternate way to use an extra feature for SMB3. A better analogy would have been something like Pokemon Snap on Wii's VC which added the ability to save your pictures to the SD card. I don't think they'd do that though, since they aren't even bothering to put Super Game Boy colors/borders in for the VC releases of Game Boy games. It's pretty clear they're making the 3DS's VC as barebones as possible, except for the ability to switch between grayscale and green screens and the system border.
---
https://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall
#25raymanfan1Posted 8/4/2011 9:46:49 PM
I gotta get something off my chest too. It's an octopus. It won't let go of my chest.
---
Hey, you, your humanity, decency, and rational thinking are showing.
PUT THAT AWAY. It's not allowed here.
#26POWNZER_XPosted 8/4/2011 11:19:49 PM
Reaction to topic:
glass or what?

Reaction to post: idk
---
LEAVE THIS SIGGY, AND NEVER RETURN