Had an wonderful talk with someone from Best Buy!

#11theshovellerPosted 8/4/2011 1:51:45 PM
Better idea - instead of calling one local store, why not call their corporate office and ask. I mean, that would be a company-wide stance then, right? For all we know, the corporate office decided nay on the pricematch for 3DS, but didn't send the memo out to the stores yet.

I had this sort of thing happen a lot where I used to work. If it was an overnight price drop, then they'd do price matching. Something that had more notice than a day or two? Nope - you were SOL.
#12the_cajun88Posted 8/4/2011 1:54:06 PM
So anyone still hung up on legal doubts, put your mind at ease, it's totally legit. I'm getting my 3DS today! Woot!

cool
---
The University of Tennessee FTW
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/the_cajun88/Josephthesnowman.gif
#131shadetail1Posted 8/4/2011 1:56:20 PM
Best Buy's policy on this is: price match if drop happens within 30 days from purchase. Since the price drop will happen in far less than 30 days, it's OK to do this now.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#14Robbie_Rotten_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 2:00:18 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Best Buy's policy on this is: price match if drop happens within 30 days from purchase. Since the price drop will happen in far less than 30 days, it's OK to do this now.

This.
#15nintendoggerPosted 8/4/2011 2:17:48 PM
Robbie_Rotten_ posted...
So i called my local best buy and basically told them exactly what my intentions were and what I planned to do (price matching, getting games and the difference, etc). Not only did the manager there tell me that it was 100% within their policy to do just that, that it was an excellent idea. He said as soon as I was done talking to him he was going to call a buddy of his who was on the fence about this price drop to come in and do this trick.

So anyone still hung up on legal doubts, put your mind at ease, it's totally legit. I'm getting my 3DS today! Woot!

Yep, BB told me too.Got min yesterday... enjoy it... it's epic.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#16BroncavPosted 8/4/2011 3:39:15 PM
Gimea posted...
or they will put up a trollface and refuse to price-match the 3DS, leaving you with a scam and Best Buy with lots of $$$

Even if they did that (which they won't), you could simply return the system and then buy it again at the cheaper price.
---
Being a fanboy = Dedicating yourself to and defending a piece of plastic, made by a corporation that doesn't care about you anyway.