Opinions

#1gw_1995Posted 8/4/2011 2:35:17 PM
Should i buy a 3ds? Im on the fence right now. The only game i see right now is Oot, which i love. Nice opinions pleaseeeee! And are the graphics good?
#21shadetail1Posted 8/4/2011 2:37:02 PM
I'd say the graphics are about Gamecube quality, maybe slightly better. Just keep in mind that on August 12, the price is dropping by $80, from $250 to $170.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3pikachupwnagePosted 8/4/2011 2:37:08 PM
GET ONE. and yes the graphics are great.
---
Proud 3ds ambassador. Nintendo fan since 2000. Stupid mario bros FTW. member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#4nintendoggerPosted 8/4/2011 2:38:20 PM
I love my 3DS... get one.
---
I will always be able to chop onions in Wii Party faster than you. Always.
Proud female gamer.
#5laxnd23Posted 8/4/2011 2:39:06 PM
I would say get one definitely. The only question is when. If you want the 20 free games, get it now. If you don't and want to use the money for other things, buy it after the 12th. In my opinion it is worth the $250, but it's your money so as to when you buy it, it's up to you.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd
#6gw_1995(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 2:39:32 PM
I believe i am gonna get a used one but in good condition, It has games with it too so it should be good. I want it before august 11th for the free games :P
#7thundercat2600Posted 8/4/2011 2:46:05 PM
DO NOT buy it now. The price drops to $170 on August 12, so at least wait until then.

I'm kind of baffled that you would buy it for OoT. You can already get that game on Gamecube or Wii VC. In fact, most of the "killer" games on the 3DS are ports or rehashes of older games.
#8JackstinPosted 8/4/2011 2:49:46 PM
You can get OoT for Wii for 7. The visuals on the 3DS version are just a nice brush up, its not a proper remake, and seeing Hyrule field on a big TV is epic. Those were the reasons I haven't bought Oot for my 3DS. I'm sure others will disagree.
#9laxnd23Posted 8/4/2011 2:53:31 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
DO NOT buy it now. The price drops to $170 on August 12, so at least wait until then.

I'm kind of baffled that you would buy it for OoT. You can already get that game on Gamecube or Wii VC. In fact, most of the "killer" games on the 3DS are ports or rehashes of older games.

Just because they are ports doesn't mean they are bad. While I have OoT on N64 and Gamecube, I wanted the portable version that also includes Master Quest, which is only available as a Gamecube preorder bonus, thus the majority don't own it. Also, it's portable. If you can make your Gamecube or Wii fit in your pocket as a portable device, I call devil magic, or bull$hit. Every game console release has a ton of ports of good games so as to attract people with something that is familiar, yet somewhat new, instead of having the consumer take a gamble on the unknown.

But honestly if you want game recommendations, I would say Blazblue, Nintendogs, Resident Evil, OoT, Dead or Alive, and when it comes out, Devil Survivor.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd
#10PokeMasterPosted 8/4/2011 3:03:06 PM
laxnd23 posted...
Also, it's portable. If you can make your Gamecube or Wii fit in your pocket as a portable device, I call devil magic, or bull$hit.

Not exactly pocketsize but close enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sbU4sSlu7I (Wii)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mZ5O3ifid8 (Gamecube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gd9CKCWAU (n64)

There are heaps of other portable mods for consoles. and there are better ones out, but this is the first things google linked me.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton, TotA, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV
VC Games: Super Mario Land, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2