odd issue with the touch screen

#1Moondoggie35Posted 8/4/2011 4:08:57 PM
when I press on the left hand side of the touch screen near the edge, the screen makes a "crackling" noise. i think ive seen this happen with other resistive touch screens, but not 100% sure about it. its not looking like its effecting anything, the touch screen around that area is as responsive as the other side. what do you guys think?
---
R.I.P. Rockman
Next game I buy from Capcom will be: Rockman DASH 3
#2xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/4/2011 4:23:36 PM
I think you should contact Nintendo and find out what your warranty options are before it does become a problem and they try to blame it on negligence...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#3Moondoggie35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 4:33:39 PM
I was thinking about it, but this is my 2nd 3DS, I already sent my first one in for replacement cuz of a stiff 3D depth slider
---
R.I.P. Rockman
#4packattackPosted 8/4/2011 5:26:58 PM
I think this is quite common on the 3DS. Mine makes a crackling sound if I press slightly harder in the very top middle section. It hasn't effected my play yet, but if it ever does in the next 12 months I'll send it for a warranty repair.
---
Single and multiplayer video game highscore competition - over 450 games - www.cyberscore.me.uk
#5Moondoggie35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 2:41:34 AM
On further inspection, it might be possible that it's a common occurrence with resistive touchscreens in general as I think I recall one of my DS doing this too
---
R.I.P. Rockman
#6xCha0sPosted 8/5/2011 2:43:27 AM
dont send your 3DS in for repair for little things like that.
#7Moondoggie35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 3:15:28 AM
ya, if its something that isnt going to get worse or effect something, there is no point
---
R.I.P. Rockman
#8SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/5/2011 4:50:44 AM
xCha0s posted...
dont send your 3DS in for repair for little things like that.

Glad you know for a fact that it is a little thing. A lot of big problems start from little things, then become to big to fix promptly without major complications.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#9Moondoggie35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 5:02:22 AM
the thing that bugs me is that, say in a few months, we have our GBA games, my screen does get worse. if i send it in, i dont know if i'll lose them forever or not
---
R.I.P. Rockman
#10jeronimo777Posted 8/5/2011 6:37:29 AM
You shouldn't lose the gba games. The memory should be on the SD card like Excitebike and other DSi ware games. Just take out the SD card when you send it in. Hopefully that will work.
---
This statement is FALSE!