How's the MP3 player?

#11LordAndrewPosted 8/4/2011 7:24:38 PM
The 3DS Sound application is fine, aside from the low volume.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#12Yabun_no_IndouPosted 8/4/2011 7:37:46 PM
I like it. I use it as my primary music player, and it seems to work well.

My biggest issue is the fact that the 8-bit effect thing makes songs completely incomprehensible. (Or at times, it will get the notes, but do it at a different pitch.) The DSi one at least sounded like the original song. I compared both versions side-by-side, and the difference is SO CLEAR.

Though it might just be the change in formats. It might work better with M4A than MP3.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon. misfiction.not save the Player is Prayer, yes,Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#13MINJI20Posted 8/4/2011 7:50:21 PM
I don't have the money to afford an iPod so it's nice that the 3DS added an MP3. I like it a lot. I keep all of my music organized in folders, and I can make playlists whenever I feel like it. There's not really a problem about low sound if you put on headphones. But yeah, the 8-bit is a nightmare.
#14Red_Devil82Posted 8/4/2011 8:03:15 PM
The MP3 player is solid. Does What you'd like it to do. Recording voice clips (albeit only 10 sec. sadly) and being able to manipulate sound for fun are nice additions.

The Web Browser is worlds better than the DSi browser but not quite as good as the Safari iOS browser, mainly due to the video capabilities and slightly faster speed (depending on your iPhone/Touch gen. model). But it does work really well with Mobile versions of Websites such as Facebook or IGN.
---
http://www.thespeedgamers.com/
#15KorlithielPosted 8/4/2011 8:06:10 PM
PhantomSword, for a fair while I was posting on GameFAQs from my 3DS. I've since found it more comfortable to access the web with my laptop and game on my 3DS, and so need to edit my signature.

Forgot to mention, based on personal testing I'm betting the mp3 player is capped at about 70% of the actual maximum volume output. Doesn't effect me since I never listen to it over 50% (I would rather maintain my hearing for most of my life), and am happier with the low end being notably quieter before going mute than the PSP.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Potentially posted from my 3DS.
#16wario58Posted 8/4/2011 8:14:07 PM
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
They are both ok but my android phone is much faster. The mp3 player should be louder. Games have proven it could be.

This is not necessarily an issue with the music player, but the tracks being played on the music player. Think of it this way, the files are digitized sound waves that include both the frequencies and the amplitudes of what was recorded and the way the volume adjustment works as far as I know is it simply adjusts what percentage of that amplitude (volume) is output. In other words, because of how it works, the music doesn't sound loud enough for you because it really isn't.
---
PSN Name: Medulan
#17CHOVI3Posted 8/4/2011 8:22:02 PM
Internet sucks; it's slow and doesn't manage very well with anything other than mobile pages/gamefaqs.
Sound is ok, a little low but cool.
#18KorlithielPosted 8/4/2011 10:00:09 PM
wario58, the music player is definitely quieter then my old PSP Go or my Sansa Clip+. So I'm going with it's an issue with the 3DS's mp3 player, rather than the tracks.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Potentially posted from my 3DS.
#19brainfreeze10(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 5:04:09 AM
Thanks a lot guys. You see, my Ipod Touch just broke and I need a replacement, but I can't afford both. Knowing it's atleast acceptable helps, Now I need to decide whether I'm more into the games or the Multimedia stuff :P It'll take a while, but this really helped, thanks again!
---
*Mariokart: 5327-1821-0811*_*Brawl: 3181-1870-7986*
*GH3: 1246-9108-7621*_*MH3: Maynard*