Third party afraid to try something new on the 3DS?

#1MetroidJunkiePosted 8/5/2011 12:27:32 AM(edited)
Aside from Resident Evil Revelations, I haven't really seen much besides ports (The better games, anyway). RE: Mercenaries is.... sort of new but mostly stitching RE4 and RE5's mercenary modes together. Seems like the most anticipated games coming up (Mario Kart, Super Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus, etc) are, for the most part, first party. Since one fault of the 3DS is a lack of games, some more third party support would be a big help.
#2DBeanPosted 8/5/2011 12:31:31 AM
Heck, third party is afraid to try anything at all on the 3DS. Looks like it's up to Nintendo to get the ball rolling once again.
#3trizznillaPosted 8/5/2011 12:51:20 AM
Maybe the good stuff with bonafide innovation will end up being four dollar indie games. If Kongregate.com had a way to work on the 3DS browser, That would be fine with me.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#4d0wnerPosted 8/5/2011 1:00:03 AM
Once hardware sales pick up, third party support will as well. As to whether that will include any serious innovation/new IP...
---
shoot the core.
#5xCha0sPosted 8/5/2011 1:09:03 AM
the third parties do not like the 3DS. some went on record saying that 3D is a "waste of time" they see the extra development of adding 3D as a waste, since it adds nothing to the gameplay, and takes so much money and time and effort, and its not even on for most players.
#6moogle69Posted 8/5/2011 1:11:37 AM
if psp didn't stop third parties from making games then i doubt this will. but then again after the price cut and holidays every psvita fanboys will eat there own words.
---
playing: Dragon Quest VI
looking forward to: Final Fantasy-Type 0, Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2, ES: SKYRIM V, Dark Souls, Hopefully FFversus XIII for 360
#7fire2boxPosted 8/5/2011 1:30:20 AM
moogle69 posted...
if psp didn't stop third parties from making games then i doubt this will. but then again after the price cut and holidays every psvita fanboys will eat there own words.

The PSP got games. Some good a few even great despite PSP's non-eixistant 2nd stick. Prinny :Can I really be the Hero and the MGS games come to mind. The 2nd socom wasn't all that bad either.

that said Ds fanboys always called PSP a failure and now they are looking down that same barely. While so far PS Vita is looking promising in terms of launch titles and better 3rd party support.Either way this is great for any holdout's for either system. They actually get to go with the clear "winner".
#8wave1000Posted 8/5/2011 2:14:05 AM
xCha0s posted...
the third parties do not like the 3DS. some went on record saying that 3D is a "waste of time" they see the extra development of adding 3D as a waste, since it adds nothing to the gameplay, and takes so much money and time and effort, and its not even on for most players.

Pretty much this all day.

But In the coming year Nintendo can change the focus from 3D gaming to just 3D movies and leave gaming out of there advertising push. So they win on both front because they get to promote 3D movies and some games but also they don't have to force developers to add un needed 3D.

But It seems to me nintendo is not thinking any of this stuff ( Wii U controller and 3D) through enough. I mean how can you test the Wii U controller out when the most advance game you can make is a zelda Demo. They need way better methods to test how far they can push the tech before the illusion breaks down.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#9strongo9Posted 8/5/2011 3:58:31 AM
Like always, 3rd parties became hesitant and lazy to help the new system get started. Nintendo has to yet again get the ball rolling by releasing their 1st party titles and increase the user base first. 3rd party devs really are overly cautious and pathetic these days.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#10Mario_BonesPosted 8/5/2011 4:14:09 AM
wave1000 posted...
xCha0s posted...

Pretty much this all day.

But In the coming year Nintendo can change the focus from 3D gaming to just 3D movies and leave gaming out of there advertising push. So they win on both front because they get to promote 3D movies and some games but also they don't have to force developers to add un needed 3D.

But It seems to me nintendo is not thinking any of this stuff ( Wii U controller and 3D) through enough. I mean how can you test the Wii U controller out when the most advance game you can make is a zelda Demo. They need way better methods to test how far they can push the tech before the illusion breaks down.

What the **** are you talking about?
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board