Third party afraid to try something new on the 3DS?

#11SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/5/2011 3:19:24 AM
wave1000 posted...
xCha0s posted...
the third parties do not like the 3DS. some went on record saying that 3D is a "waste of time" they see the extra development of adding 3D as a waste, since it adds nothing to the gameplay, and takes so much money and time and effort, and its not even on for most players.

Pretty much this all day.

But In the coming year Nintendo can change the focus from 3D gaming to just 3D movies and leave gaming out of there advertising push. So they win on both front because they get to promote 3D movies and some games but also they don't have to force developers to add un needed 3D.

But It seems to me nintendo is not thinking any of this stuff ( Wii U controller and 3D) through enough. I mean how can you test the Wii U controller out when the most advance game you can make is a zelda Demo. They need way better methods to test how far they can push the tech before the illusion breaks down.

What happened to buying a dedicated handheld gaming device to play games? Who cares about 3D movies if the games don't come, people don't buy it, and it gets put on the shelf?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#12VyersPosted 8/5/2011 3:24:23 AM
strongo9 posted...
Like always, 3rd parties became hesitant and lazy to help the new system get started. Nintendo has to yet again get the ball rolling by releasing their 1st party titles and increase the user base first. 3rd party devs really are overly cautious and pathetic these days.

Third parties release trash/ports

Pathetic!

Nintendo released trash/ports

How polite of them to give third parties a chance! Very noble, Nintendo.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#13OmegaZero633Posted 8/5/2011 4:42:06 AM
Vyers posted...
strongo9 posted...
Like always, 3rd parties became hesitant and lazy to help the new system get started. Nintendo has to yet again get the ball rolling by releasing their 1st party titles and increase the user base first. 3rd party devs really are overly cautious and pathetic these days.

Pathetic!

'Trash' is subjective, but I'd take a new Mario, Zelda, or Metroid over a 'new' Madden or Call of Duty. :/
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#14VyersPosted 8/5/2011 4:45:32 AM
OmegaZero633 posted...
Vyers posted...
strongo9 posted...

Pathetic!

'Trash' is subjective, but I'd take a new Mario, Zelda, or Metroid over a 'new' Madden or Call of Duty. :/

Well, yeah, but we don't have anything of that (discounting OoT3D).
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#15strongo9Posted 8/5/2011 5:04:49 AM
Don't quote Vyers' responses to my comments please. I have that troll ignored for a reason. Calling Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and Kid Icarus: Uprising trash is quite pathetic. He's really reaching these day isn't he? Silly troll.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#16thundercat2600Posted 8/5/2011 5:20:38 AM
Well let's see, you're a third party developer. You can either:

Spend more money to develop your game for 3DS. It's supposedly difficult to program for and difficult to make the 3D effect work well. Its install base is only ~4 million, and Nintendo took the drastic and desperate move of dropping the price 30% only a few months after launch.

- or -

Develop your game for DS. It's a system you know well already, development costs are lower, and there are over 140 million of them. Plus they're still outselling the 3DS by a healthy margin.
#17VyersPosted 8/5/2011 5:22:16 AM
strongo9 posted...
Don't quote Vyers' responses to my comments please. I have that troll ignored for a reason. Calling Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and Kid Icarus: Uprising trash is quite pathetic. He's really reaching these day isn't he? Silly troll.

Wow, we can play those?

Cool.

strongo, try to actually think in the future - for example, about how I am referring to what they have NOW. Why are we not basing the third party output on BIT.TRIP SAGA, RE: Revelations, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3, Shinobi 3D, Contra, Doctor Lautrec, Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts, LEGO City Stories, Professor Layton VS. Ace Attorney, Rayman Origins, etc.?

Oh, snap, logic in the context of a strongo post. lol. Lemme fix that.

Third parties suck, Nintendo is golden, Steel Diver 2!
---