Thoughts for 3ds games

#1OverlordAlikPosted 8/5/2011 4:26:27 AM
so I had a thought for a good 3ds game. a game where what you can see changes based on if you have 3D on or off, so like you have it on 2d and something blocks your way that you can't see, turn on the 3D and maybe you'll see a poe, or a wall or something.

Kind of like a lens of truth /shrug
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#2xCha0sPosted 8/5/2011 4:28:26 AM
maybe thatd work well in the new paper mario. in super paper mario you would have to go 3D to see certain things like enemies turned sideways.
#3pikachupwnagePosted 8/5/2011 4:32:18 AM
xCha0s posted...
maybe thatd work well in the new paper mario. in super paper mario you would have to go 3D to see certain things like enemies turned sideways.

the 3d is always supposed to be optinal though......
---
Proud 3ds ambassador. Nintendo fan since 2000. Stupid mario bros FTW. member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#4pikachupwnagePosted 8/5/2011 4:35:12 AM
still a cool idea though.
---
Proud 3ds ambassador. Nintendo fan since 2000. Stupid mario bros FTW. member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#5OverlordAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 5:16:17 AM
Yeah would be neat especially for a game like eternal darkness, could you imagine turning on the 3d and seeing a skull pop up in front of your face? *cringes at the thought*
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#6niels200683Posted 8/5/2011 5:40:49 AM
The paper mario idea is a good one. Excitebike & Xevious show that more than just the base 3D effect can change with the slider, so you could have a 2D game that becomes 3D using the slider - without even having the 3D effect on (i.e. you should be able to change the stereoscopic 3D on/off from the menu - and switch 2D/3D gameplay using the slider regardless of S-3D being on or off.)

I'm also a big fan of the idea I posted on these boards when the 3DS was just released: Point 'n uh... touch adventure games where you hold the 3DS like a book, hiding an object in one of the two 3D layers (depending on how you are not viewing the screen, determined by a combination of gyro & the camera with eye/face recognition) - the 3D light would be used as a cue to turn on 3D & search for such an object.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.