Will the 3DS ever get console ports?

#1GM_Posted 8/5/2011 5:42:36 AM
I'm talking about games like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, Mech games, Fallout type games, Tomb Raider, etc. The Vita seems to have all of this stuff covered but we know almost nothing about what's coming out for the 3DS other than a few 1st party titles.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
#2darkbringer3dPosted 8/5/2011 5:55:09 AM
Graphically, wii games should be easy, since the 3ds has superior shader and texture capabilities, which mean polygon capabilities should be close enough. And with the announcement of modern warfare 3 for wii, we may get it on this as well.
---
One day, Nintendo decided to put Mario into the world of Metroid. Alas, he was no match for the mighty Geemer.
#3CapnStankyPosted 8/5/2011 5:56:02 AM
It's getting overpriced N64 and iPhone ports so far.
#4VampiricDragon_Posted 8/5/2011 5:58:10 AM(edited)
vita has none of those things covered except for a bioshock title weve never seen.

And we know alot more about the 10-15+ upcoming third party titles than most of the first party ones

FF side games will always be on portables now.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#5darkbringer3dPosted 8/5/2011 5:57:47 AM
CapnStanky posted...
It's getting overpriced N64 and iPhone ports so far.

Weve had a hd console port as well.
---
One day, Nintendo decided to put Mario into the world of Metroid. Alas, he was no match for the mighty Geemer.
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 8/5/2011 6:03:34 AM
I am certain we will get handheld iterations of console games, I know for a fact we're getting a version of Need For Speed: The Run that actually looks damn good. Only thing missing is the QTE events when your character is on foot, big whoop, they only account for 7% of the game, and they looked crappy to boot.

http://www.amazon.com/Need-Speed-Run-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B002I0ERAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312552941&sr=8-1
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#7xCha0sPosted 8/5/2011 6:13:22 AM
bioshock is already confirmed to never come to 3DS, the developers have stated they want nothing to do with the 3DS.
#8VampiricDragon_Posted 8/5/2011 6:14:12 AM
xCha0s posted...
bioshock is already confirmed to never come to 3DS, the developers have stated they want nothing to do with the 3DS.

quote and link?
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#9xCha0sPosted 8/5/2011 6:14:36 AM
bioshock is also not coming to wii-u and heres a source:

http://www.1up.com/news/bioshock-developer-irrational-no-plans-wii-u-game
#10darkbringer3dPosted 8/5/2011 6:14:58 AM
xCha0s posted...

Source? And valve wad the same for ps3.
---