So, suppose YOU buy the 3DS now and the loophole scheme don't work out...

#1NoPointMadePosted 8/5/2011 7:01:53 AM
...due to the store not honoring price match or some other reason, will you

a) keep the damn thing, or

b) return it and pay for the restocking fee, or

c) ...actually, any Plan C's?

#2theshovellerPosted 8/5/2011 7:20:22 AM
NoPointMade posted...
...due to the store not honoring price match or some other reason, will you

a) keep the damn thing, or

b) return it and pay for the restocking fee, or

c) ...actually, any Plan C's?

Plan C is to come here and make a topic pissing and moaning about it, and complaining that the people who did abuse the system suck, the people who made fun of him getting burned by trying to abuse the system suck, and people who are in his predicament are bad because they tried to abuse the system, which is totally different from his way of trying to abuse the system.

The other Plan C I could see happening is what I hope happens - a system swap for the lowered price. That means new system, without those games and not in the ambassador program, and they get the lower price. No double-dipping, everyone wins.
#3xCha0sPosted 8/5/2011 7:23:09 AM
if you buy a new 3DS on ebay right now for 175 dollars, you get both the games and the price drop. is that "cheating the system"?
#4jesse7150Posted 8/5/2011 7:29:42 AM
some stores have already informed everyone there is no price adjusting and that you either get $100+in free games or a cheaper system.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#5NoPointMade(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 7:50:30 AM(edited)
theshoveller posted...

Plan C is to come here and make a topic pissing and moaning about it, and complaining that the people who did abuse the system suck, the people who made fun of him getting burned by trying to abuse the system suck, and people who are in his predicament are bad because they tried to abuse the system, which is totally different from his way of trying to abuse the system.

There would be either profuse gloating or whining on that fateful day. I marked the date so I can get my popcorn and soda.
Gamefaqs 3DS Board - We Know Drama.
#6chrono625Posted 8/5/2011 9:55:33 AM
Well if rumors of Wal-Mart dropping the 3DS to 169.99 on the 9th are true then no one will have to worry about this.
---
http://harryskorner.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lebrick.jpg - Skip Bayless is my idol
#7ChronosknightPosted 8/5/2011 9:59:08 AM
xCha0s posted...
if you buy a new 3DS on ebay right now for 175 dollars, you get both the games and the price drop. is that "cheating the system"?

I'm thinking that wasn't the point of this topic.
#8Chaze_the_chatPosted 8/5/2011 10:14:39 AM
xCha0s posted...

No because you are buying it used. *facepalm*
---
Official Shelly De Killer of the Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban Board
http://forums.poliwager.net Awesome Site
#9megaman3dsPosted 8/5/2011 10:20:46 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Baha05Posted 8/5/2011 10:23:29 AM
Chronosknight posted...
xCha0s posted...

I'm thinking that wasn't the point of this topic.

Chaos never gets the points of topics